You can type here any text you want

Anyone know how much boost a GN made from factory?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

moose

My GN is currantly pushing 10 lbs of boost and I was wandering what they pushed straight out of the box? I had to replace my turbo and I put a little bit bigger one on and turned it down to 10 lbs, Someone told me they pushed around 11 lbs new, Is this about right or is it a little more than factory?

Thank's Dean

On 93 pump gas you should have no problem running 16 psi, but get a scantool and tune it and you can get 18 psi out of it on pump gas.

Actually, straight out of the box (off the showroom) they were set for 12# .

Originally posted by nickb
On 93 pump gas you should have no problem running 16 psi, but get a scantool and tune it and you can get 18 psi out of it on pump gas.

what fuel pressure are you running to get 18psi on 93 octane. i have to set my fuel pressure to 47 line off, to get mine to run 14psi on 93 octane. with 0 knock and around 820 02 numbers.

but you can never tell if your actually getting 93octane from the pump:rolleyes:

Originally posted by quickbrick
what fuel pressure are you running to get 18psi on 93 octane. i have to set my fuel pressure to 47 line off, to get mine to run 14psi on 93 octane. with 0 knock and around 820 02 numbers.

but you can never tell if your actually getting 93octane from the pump:rolleyes:

A LOT also has to do with the chip you're running and it's associated timing curves. Mine for example has the WOT timing in the 19° area in 1st and 2nd gears, and 17° in 3rd and 4th.

This allows much higher boost levels on 93 octane gas. I'm able to run 20# in 1st and 2nd gears and pull it back 17# in 3rd and 4th.

Somewhere in the 12-13 range from what everyone has said. I know my car with 9000miles on it read 13psi on the vdo. And it was solid on there it never over shot and came back down.

my car when bone stock ran as high as 15 psi in the cold air and 13-14 psi in the summer...

Back