You can type here any text you want

Anyone know where to find code definer for...

• Thread starter Thread starter bomber#41
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
B

bomber#41

Does anyone know where I can find a guide to rear axle codes on buick regals,monte carlos,Grand Prix's,Cutlass's?
I'd also like to be able to determine whether or not the rear end is a posi or not! thanks

what is the code?

What code? I have a book with the codes in it for the regals. should be the same for the others I would think.

the codes are for...

actually "the jack it up trick" will work but, the reason I want to know codes is because of searching junk yards would be easier! thanks

I can't find what this code is:

"6 TP G 151"

I know it's a 8.5" 3.42 Posi, but I can't find anything else on it. What year is it? What did it come out of?

Ryan

Could the stamping be a 8TPG151 or GTPG151? I looked through all the codes and could not find one starting with a 6. Sometimes they dont stamp them straight and it is an incomplete Digit. Code 8TP is a 85-86 8.50 3.42 with limited slip and the GTP is a 84 8.50 3.42 with limited slip. Eric Fisher

Nope......I got a pic of the stamp, and it has the 'hook' of the '6', but doesn't come all the way back down, like it would on an '8', and it DEFINITLY not a G, as there is a PERFECT circle on the bottom, not a partial, like you would see on a "C" or a "G"

Ryan

Back