Anyone need a GNX turbo shield?

Please get the thread back on topic or it will be locked!...If you have a personal issue with someone take it to PM.

Wow if this thread did'nt take a wild twist! :eek:

200122842-001.jpg

Hey Broke 1 since you are going to ebay it please post some pix.. I really want to see what the repro GNX looks like.

I'll post some pics of a repro shield. This one has been cut for a TH downpipe.

There is a lot of work that went into these.

Attachments

• gnxsh1.JPG
    gnxsh1.JPG
    86 KB · Views: 305
  • gnxsh2.JPG
    gnxsh2.JPG
    75.8 KB · Views: 300
X Rated, Thank very much for posting some pix. For some reason i started a collection of turbo covers. It looks like ALOT of workmanship/skill went into the construction of the cover.:) Those GNX covers are very nice!!

PS. TurboRegal84, Is it possible to delite the undesirable comments posted earlier? Thanks

I'll post some pics of a repro shield. This one has been cut for a TH downpipe.

There is a lot of work that went into these.

I cant beleive you cut it:eek:

Mine,I would have to cut for an ext WG and I really didnt want to do that!

Because its priceless,even as a reproduction.Id be fairly certain that no more will ever be made.

X Rated,do you want to sell the one you have?

Id say $2500+ if its brand new.Look at what the jackets,books,turbos and cars go for...

They are not reasonably priced like they used to be...

thats just crazy. im sure if someone wanted to you could get them made again. i cant see why anyone would pay that much for a turbo shield. yes there rare but that much money for a heat sheild.

No different than someone paying $5k for a GNX turbo I guess....

I mean for $5k,you could get a whole Grand National.

Ask Joe H would he make you one;)

I cut it because I wanted a GNX shield on my car, but If I had an external wastegate I would not have. I bought a repo for $250 to cut so I didn't have to modify the original. My dad also bought and cut one for his car. If I knew at the time they would appreciate $1000 I would have bought all that Joe Harrington had. This is an easy fix to put it back right and it doesn't look that bad on a car with or without a TH downpipe.

I paid $450 for mine and it was supposedly the last one Joe had...this was about 3-4 years ago.

Even the DC Tech sheilds sold for $400+....If you paid $250,that was a steal!

I paid $450 for mine and it was supposedly the last one Joe had...this was about 3-4 years ago.

Even the DC Tech sheilds sold for $400+....If you paid $250,that was a steal!

They might have been $275, but they weren't more than $300.

Turbo covers are really kool, take a look at my avatar. Those Turbo covers are the ones that do our cars justice and they look good. I am going to get a GNX cover to add to the collection.

Cool avatar!

I think they definetely add that "finishing touch" under the hood.

XRated,ill be happy to buy yours for $300 if youll sell it.