You can type here any text you want

Anyone off to the junkyard? Need a small part for my TTA

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Jan Larsson

I'm after a small rubber bushing (about 1 1/4" diameter) in the firewall, discontinued by GM and can't find a replacement.

It's just next to the bulk connector on the driver side (see photo) and on the TTA and many other 3rd Gen's (Firebird and Camaro) they will be there just covering up the hole.

Mine been cut to let some cables into the dash board and I need a fresh nice one I can punch just a tiny hole in for my vacuum line going to my boost gauge.

Any one off to the junk yard and can grab one or two of them for me? Just pry them out with a small screw driver. Of course I'll pay you for the trouble and shipping.

Any help would be much appreciated. PM or e-mail me (jlarsson@london.com) if you can help me out here.

Attachments

• Bushing1.jpg
    Bushing1.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 164
And two pitures of the actual bushing (obvisly I'm after a none cut one :-))

Attachments

• Bushing2.jpg
    Bushing2.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 56
  • Bushing3.jpg
    Bushing3.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 45
Jan, I'll do some more checking with GM monday. I think it's p/n 3698448 but there is no picture of the part in the catalog. It says the outside dia is 1.25 I'll try to see if GM has a blueprint of the part if not I'll order one in and see what it looks like and that would take about 2-3 days till I get it in. HTH. Jason

Jason that would be great, really appreciate that. The hole it fits in is about 1 1/4" or so.

When you get it shoot me some dimensions and we can work out if it's the correct part or not before you send 1 or 2 of them accross the pond. Really appreciate the effort Jason.

Jan Larsson said:
Jason that would be great, really appreciate that. The hole it fits in is about 1 1/4" or so.

When you get it shoot me some dimensions and we can work out if it's the correct part or not before you send 1 or 2 of them accross the pond. Really appreciate the effort Jason.
Could you not buy one from a local autoparts store? Surely someone makes a rubber grommet for your size.

Jason

Quiky One said:
Could you not buy one from a local autoparts store? Surely someone makes a rubber grommet for your size.

Jason

Looked at that already and they are all thin and flimsy compared to the thicker (and rubbery) one GM used with a center ready to punch out to run some wires etc.

On the other side of the brake booster there is a rubber plug that I put a few wires through. You can poke something through it first, and then it will seal itself on the vacuum line.

dvernst said:
On the other side of the brake booster there is a rubber plug that I put a few wires through. You can poke something through it first, and then it will seal itself on the vacuum line.

Well I want to replace the hacked up rubber plug per my description above as it's been cut in half more or less and wont seal properly anymore. When I have a replacement I might route the vacuum line through it or route it some other way per your suggestion, whatever works best and looks best.

Jan, I called GM and they did not have a print of the part. I've ordered a couple of them and when I get them I'll measure them and take some pics for ya. Jason

Jas89TTA said:
Jan, I called GM and they did not have a print of the part. I've ordered a couple of them and when I get them I'll measure them and take some pics for ya. Jason
How much were they just for comparison?

Thanks Jason

Jan, I got the order in today for the plugs. The p/n 3698448 is not the correct one. I also ordered p/n 94843101 and it looks very similar to yours in the pic. The back side of the plug (that goes into the firewall ) is 26mm the front side of the plug is 1 1/4" but is flat. I'll take pics of each tonight when I get home and post the pics for ya to see. If I had my TTA here I'd compare it but mines still in the shop :( Jason

Jason if the back is only 26mm it's way to small, mine is 32.67mm at it's lowest point where it sits in place in the firewall (so the hole in the firewall must be around 32.xmm) then goes up to 34.66 and down in the back to 31.67.

Largest diameter is 38.88, this is what you see when it sits installed in the firewall.

Overall thickness is 12.84mm

Well, That sucks. That was the only two numbers I found listed. I'll call GM's partech again tomorrow to see if I can find someone alittle more helpfull than the last person I talke to at GM. I like a challange and so far this little item is turning out to be one. If I can't find you a new one I got a old one to send ya. I forgot I got a 87 Trans Am I picked up a few months ago for my son and I to restore. I'll pull it off that car tonight for ya and you can have it. He won't miss it :D We bought the car for $300 and it's already missing alot of parts :p Jason

Jan, I got one pulled off for ya. PM me the shipping info and I can find out what it would cost to send it. Thanks, Jason

Back