You can type here any text you want

anyone run some HRE 540r's or 545r's?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
XxDarkSidexX said:
I think these wheels are SIZZZZZZZZLINGGGGG HOT!!!

I agree i would have bought HREs 8 1/2 years ago for my car until the guy at the rim store told me the price :eek: - Always loved'em - They have alot of nice styles as well and are high quality multi piece forged wheels and the price feflects it.... i had to settle on some ROH 3 piece wheels but i'm happy. If you got the change BUY 'EM :D They would look awesome!

I have a friend in the tire and wheel buisness and he has sold only 2 sets. They are the highest quality wheels I have ever seen. The only problem is that they are very expensive. I would love to have some for my Buick!

My cousion went to a local rim shop for is camaro and was looking to get some rims. The manger said he had some used rims that someone wanted him to sell...They were hre with tires, perfect condition! He called the guy and asked him how much and he said sell it to him for $500 :eek: . The guy that was selling them was Derrick Brooks. Guess he didn't need the money. My cousin sold the car to some kid and he curbed one of the rims bad. he sent them to HRE to get fixed and cost him ~$1000 lol.

WHO WOULD BUY REPLICA HRE'S 540r's? Same style just not offical HRE stamp. Less the 2k a set lets say?

I'm going to call them on monday and find out. But here is the site, I really like these!!! Get them chromed out and BAM! SIZZLING! These look sick! Google "HP Racing Evo Wheels" so many cars including zo6's, camaero's, bmw'ers bla bla already know about these. They seem to be exactly what the people wanted; an affordable replica. Dont know until i call em if its a 1 peice or 2 or 3 peice wheel. But from the looks and readings of the google search, many other forums including the mentioned cars love these. My neighbor just dropped $7,000 on 20x12 540r's chromed out with tires. These i can afford. Less then $2,000 more like $1500 for our sizes. Looks like 17's is the smallest though. They also make these in 19".

http://www.hpracing.com/product.phtml?p=61&cat_key=1

another http://www.hpdesignwheels.com/

found a set on ebay for cheap. They aren't the right size though, but still a good indication of price. And their chrome, very nice looking!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/19-H...tegoryZ43959QQihZ001QQitemZ110042541510QQrdZ1

with 18" tires too not band of a price; can't wait to start calling around on monday. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-H...tegoryZ43958QQihZ001QQitemZ110040717474QQrdZ1

darkside

some of their styles were cool - i still wouldnt put them on the same level as a "HRE" - "GFG" - or "ASANTI" type wheel but for the price they are good.

Royal-T-Ltd said:
some of their styles were cool - i still wouldnt put them on the same level as a "HRE" - "GFG" - or "ASANTI" type wheel but for the price they are good.

lol der? thats why their replicas? They were never put on the same level as HRE's heh you did that all by yourself, thats the whole idea behind a "replica" my friend.

I dought that the quality is bad, its just HRE is the LAMBO of wheels. They look like 2 peice wheels and I hope they are. Suprized at some of the reactions to this though, wont say what or who cus its not important. I got some interesting PM's on this subject. But keep them coming, discussion and observation is a great way to get info.

AS far as this replica being a true 3 peice wheel; I would love to see any replica wheel be a true 3 peice wheel and be around $1500 and under. We will be LUCKY if the replica is a 2 peice wheel. Remember its the look their trying to replicate not the weight, or quality of the material.

I would still take that same style of a wheel, the replica's im talking about, chormed out 17's for under $1500. EVEN if it was a single forged peice, they still look bitching!!!!!! I wouldn't buy racing performance rims from HRE unless I hada extra $5,000 to spend, besides I dont NNEEDD a full on racing light weight wheel to drag race. :biggrin: For the style and price its a great deal. Wish I had money to get a set right now, but I just drained my account on a F.A.S.T. unit :)

God i wish i could afford real HRE's.

one of my rich ass buddies has got the 540r bug. He called a local shop that has them and got a price quote. 20X9 540r's chromed out for the fronts and 20X11 540r's chromed out in the rear, with tires for all four was................ $8500

holy crap haha and good lord! I knew they were going to be expensive but dam 8g's for rims. Hmmm stage motor or new wheels hahahaha. They arn't 8g's nice if you ask me.

XxDarkSidexX said:
one of my rich ass buddies has got the 540r bug. He called a local shop that has them and got a price quote. 20X9 540r's chromed out for the fronts and 20X11 540r's chromed out in the rear, with tires for all four was................ $8500

holy crap haha and good lord! I knew they were going to be expensive but dam 8g's for rims. Hmmm stage motor or new wheels hahahaha. They arn't 8g's nice if you ask me.

Yep i agree thats why i got my ROHs.... an love 'em

I had some on my 02 SS convertible. I'll try to attach some pics.

Attachments

• 2002 ss 3.jpg
    2002 ss 3.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 123
  • 2002 ss 2.JPG
    2002 ss 2.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 126
Back