You can type here any text you want

Anyone seen this kind of R&D??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Very cool! Those Germans definitely get an A+ for R&D.:) :cool:

wow, that was incredible. i have never seen anything like that before. i'm in complete awe.

it looks exactly like the same simulator in those crazy expensive "racing simulators". but instead of you in the seat playing with the g'forces, its a motor playing with g'forces and data logging the changes in engine/power vs change in g'forces. I'm talking about the 301 and 401 racing simulators.

check this out! "HOW TO FAIL AT RALLY SCHOOL!" 301 simulator!
YouTube - How to fail rally school! Ultimate Racing Simulator

"How to fail at rally school part 2" 401 simulator!
YouTube - Force Dynamics 401 - How to Ruin a Rally Car
this was so funny at the end.....question after crash "uhh what do I do?" response: funny :)

I wonder how valuable the information is the porche company got during its real R&D off JUST that single simulated lap of Nurburgring.

XxDarkSidexX

did anyone notice it seemed like they even incorperate wheelspin in the computer program

did anyone notice it seemed like they even incorperate wheelspin in the computer program

yes they just replayed a real data logged lap from nurburgring. The motor is literally is like playing a recorded song over again :) its pretty sick. This kind of reserach I personally think is designed to see the changes in wear and tear of the motor, the different temperature effect of the motor, and is about as closed to actually running a lap without have to kill tires.

I think this is awsome! You could do this with a LC2 motor, and replay data logs from a drag run. That would be sick if someone could get there hands on the data log file for the 6 second run and simulate that run on a simulator like this one.

DS

Back