You can type here any text you want

Anyone swap an IRS rear into a TR?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
MAP,

the car weighs in at 2750# w/driver and a 49/51 F/R distribution. The time in the sig was done with 26x8.6-16 ET Drags with a 1.57 on a 7# launch. Sure it could have gone quicker with say a 10# launch but the car was scary on the top-end with radial front tires. Car has gone 10.90s with DRs with a best of 10.92 @ 126.04. I am back to DRs and will stick with them. Norm with the DRs is low-mid 1.60s with 1.55 twice when they prepped the track well.

Think I finally have it tuned well enough to try pushing the boost pass 25#, but I am willing to settle for driving it to the track and running 10.90s. However, I would like to know how some of you guys can pull so much HP out of a stock longblock.

awsome thread! I always wondered about swapping in an IRS. I don't have the cash or the know how, but I think it's cool. Good luck with your quest.:D

We are currently installing the rear clip of a viper to get a great proven IRS in our pro touring GN - it's under the thread:

ultimate pro touring GN

Viper rear offers great platform and readily available parts and will handle plenty oh power....check out thread pics are up too....
image.jpg

Not for the faint of heart but will be well worth it for our use. Drag racing is not our goal however we have TT viper that can run 9s on its IRS and even carry the front wheels.

Yes the track width is about 76 inches on the viper and stock front g body is like 68 or 70 I forget but we are going to widen the G body suspension / frame width by I think about 4 inches. Will be fantastic road race car for races like BBORR etc we are going to keep the stock wheel base of 108.10.

We can run easily a 18/35/335 tire in rear as this is easy set up for viper.

We are currently installing the rear clip of a viper to get a great proven IRS in our pro touring GN - it's under the thread:

ultimate pro touring GN

Viper rear offers great platform and readily available parts and will handle plenty oh power....check out thread pics are up too....View attachment 246486

OH GOD, MY EYES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Three showers didn't even help............:arghh::D

Back