You can type here any text you want

Anyone used SuperTech 80W90 gear oil?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

John Larkin

Sublime Master of Turbology
It is one of the few non-synthetics available. Half the price of Valvoline. I can't imagine it being horrible.

It will stink, we all know that!...... LOL

I've used it for gear boxes and such that called for that weight gear oil. Not in Buick though, tractors ands equipment and such. I thing I have a partial gallon in the garage stash of lubricants.

I have also used many gallons of that trans fluid in my stuff. I have since learned to buy the trans fluid in a five gallon bucket and put it into the gallon container for easier dispensing.

I looked at gnttype.org and way back then, synthetic was recommended. How weird.

Apparently Lucas 80W90 has the specs to not require any additives for limited slip. It is API GL-5, but GL-4 does need an additive for limited slip. This is just from what I have read, everyone has an opinion.

Non synthetic 80w-90 (dino) oil with a bottle of posi additive is recommended for my Auburn Pro Series differential

The non synthetic 80W-90 is what Quick Performance recommended for my Wave Trac differential . Wave Trac is similar to a Tru Trac with no clutches .

Back