You can type here any text you want

anyone used the comp 212/212 cam?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

musclecar neal

Engine Builder
We are getting ready to put the engine back together and saw the posts about the speed pro 204/214 but we were looking at the comp cams catalog and they like the 212/ 212 for our engines. anyone used it? We would enjoy seeing everyones opinion on this profile, It looks good.

good question . anybody ever run a 204/214 and a 212/212 ? I would like to know what the difference was :) .

My friend Frankg runs a 212/212. Pull strong over the range! Idles nice and makes good power. His combo: TA-49@25 PSI, 009's, loosened D-5, MJ-17 row, ported big valve irons and the cam. Went 11.36@118 MPH with a slight miss. Cleared up it will go an 11.20 or so.
I have another friend we are replacing his 208/208 Kenne Bell cam with a 204/214. Will give an update when he gets it running. Either cam will work it just comes down to dollars and what you feel comfortable with.

I happen to have both, check out my sig, the 204/214 is in the wifes car and have had no problems with it, I have taken it to the track and alot of people said that the car really pulls good on the top end, no problems I like the cam, and in the rosewood it has the 212/212 and rite now I am in the process of tuning the car one of the reasons I went with the 212/212 is that there was a lot of good things said about it and it seams to be true, I know this may not help you in deciding in which cam to go with but either way they are good cams. Jr

I have uses a wide range of Comp cams in TR's. I used a Comp 212/212 in my last build up. I like the number for what I was doing. It works great and pulls very hard from the bottom and keep pulling hard.

.030 over file fit rings
Comp 212/212 flat tapet
Ported irons big valves
ARP main studs, head and rod bolts
T&D 1.55's
RJC PP
009's
TE 44
3" DP w/ Deltagate
3" Single shot
Stock big neck I/C
340 hot wired
Mod D5 converter

That is the main set up. I will be changing to a T63E, 75# injectors, JW 3500 stall, FM I/C and ME.

Should run well into the 10's.

Originally posted by KWIKR 1
JRGN , what cam would you say has the better bottom in it overall ?
IT hard to say they both feel great, the wifes car has a simiular setup as yours, just not the ported heads and the car has 210000 miles on her but it will roast the tires anytime she, wants I think it is what you want, alot of people awhile back said that was a backwards cam but it seams to work fine, I was thinking maybee on the next rebuild to try something diff like a 214/224, intercooler mentioned that one :) I know that it sounds like I am rambling but I am happey with either cam. Jr

I have a 212 in my car like the lope idle, bottom is gone!!! But high is good, better have some stall.

That is the exact same cam I am in the middle of installing in my GN this weekend. Getting rid of this noisy KB cam. I have heard a lot of good things about this cam. Sounds like it will compliment my combo and the ME chip I recently installed.

Back