anyone using a vacuum mod. on a TH400?

Grandnat

Is anyone using a vacuum Modulator on a TH400?

I have a column shifted regal and would like to keep the car with a stockish interior and make it easy to drive.

I have a Vacuum modulator but it is not really acting like I think it should. I have to really back off the gas to make it shift.

also, at WOT it will not shift at all but I suspect this is because the govenor is calibrated too high.

Just wanting peoples experiences in this matter..... is there another option besides a vacuum modulator?

or should I get a reverse manual valve body with a transbrake and be done with it?

have you tried adjusting the modulator. it has an adjustment screw (a small set screw) where the vacuum line goes in.

Yes I have

I am just looking for somone who has used one behind a turbo buick succesfully and find out how they like it/what they had to do to make it work.

and if they have had any issues.

You need to install a check valve in the vacuum line to the modulator, modulators don't like boost. Also make sure you make a small vacuum leak between the check valve and modulator so that vacuum doesn' t get trapped in the line. Feel free to send me an e-mail, I don't get to this site very often.