anyone using their t.v as a monitor?

no-nos

hay guys ,

well thanks to tommynos, who gave me a great site to check movies out ,
i decided to connect my pc- to my tv, mind you i have a LG 42' plasma tv
and i was wondering is anyone else here using their tv this way? it was so easy to setup. i should have done this along time ago.

I've wanted to for a long time. Had a friend back in school who had a setup like that, it was great. I should look into that.

We use them for the office computer. We just watched at Wal-Mart for a good sale on 38" to 42" lcd's. Much easier to look at cars on the bigger screen!

Basically you just need a video card with the correct outputs to send video to your TV, right? I've been wanting a laptop lately because my back is killing me and I'd like to be able to sit in bed, but if I could get my TV hooked up, that would work too.

BlackMetal, it's even easier than that, if the t.v. you got ( or are going to get ) has the input for the monitor cable in back like my LG does, then that's al you need, no vide cad or nothing. on my lg all i had to do was to connect
the monitor cable to the back of my t.v. and then change my video input to PC and that was it. as long as it has the inlet for he monitor cable the back, it's a piece of cake. nothing to download at all. if the t.v. does not have the monitor input in the back then i gues you would need a video card.

it's great with my wireless mouse and keyboard, i have that same comfort of working or checking out videos while in bed. and the only thing i did was disconnect the cable from the monitor and plug it up to my T.V. :cool: , i've had this T.V. for about 2yrs now and to think i could have been doing this along time ago:eek: if there's anything i could do to help just let me know.

if pc has video capture card, it has the cable jack or if you have DVI port on tv and tower then good to go, most new tv's hav DVI input anymore