You can type here any text you want

Anyone wanna help roll fender lips?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tom Tom Turbo

Turbo Goes Woo Woo
I want to roll my fender lips for some bigger slicks, but I don't have the tools or know-how. Anyone in the Central Illinois area wanna help a dummy out?

Like I mentioned in your thread in the wheel forum, I really don't think you need to do this just to run 275s, especially with air bags. I have 275s right now with completely stock suspension. They fit fine. I'm moving up to 325s and all I'm going to do is run air bags.

Unless this is just something you WANT to do, then go ahead. But you don't HAVE to do it, 275/50s are not going to be much of a problem.

sweet, thanks! I really didn't want to do the lips, but I thought it wouldn't be a bad idea.

I run 285's on mine and they are no where near the fender lip, they are very close to the frame though. Just because one person can run a certain size tire does not mean anybody can. Different rims have different offsets and that will lead to the tires being closer or further away from the frame and fender.

turbo6 - are you going to use 325/50 15 ?? if so how wide of a rim? back space? and pic's when done...thanks

turbo6 - are you going to use 325/50 15 ?? if so how wide of a rim? back space? and pic's when done...thanks

Yes 325/50/15. 10" rim. Unforunately the backspace is only 4", so it'll probably stick out too far and look goofy. That's why I made sure to buy air bags, these things are going to be sticking out to the fender lips and beyond. But the rims were cheap so if it looks really cheesy it's no big loss to get rid of them. And yes I'll post pics when it's all done. Like I mention in my sig, the wheels are on backorder, hopefully early next month everything will be on the car. Tires are already here though. I have these two huge tires sitting around my house until the wheels get here. :eek:

rubbers.gif

Back