You can type here any text you want

Anyone want to take a look at my file real quick?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Z-OwNer

Maybe there is something that is completely messed up and would be obvious to someone that knows what they are looking at better than I. Also whats the deal with hooking up the knock sensor? I talked to the shop that did the install and they said the knock sensor was NOT hooked up which would explain my 0 knock at all times. After all the other junk they told me many times over, I dont know whether to believe them or not, they said "There was no way with out some special adaptor (as per the instructions on the FAST computer)" Is this the case??? If so how do I go about hooking it up?

Do they mean the annunciator? As far as I know, every knock sensor needs one (at least with FAST). The signal that the sensor generates cannot be interpreted by the ECM, so you need the annunciator...

-Bob Cunningham

Originally posted by bobc455
Do they mean the annunciator? As far as I know, every knock sensor needs one (at least with FAST). The signal that the sensor generates cannot be interpreted by the ECM, so you need the annunciator...

-Bob Cunningham

English man english. :confused:

Annunciator = "some special adapter doodad".

The knock sensor gets connected to "some special gadget" (annunciator) and the "magical doohickey" (annunciator) translates the knock sensor signal into one that the ECM (FAST) can use.

-Bob

Knock sensor has to be wired through a knock sensor module as found on late '80s GM cars. Also, your box has to feature this option. You lose this option when you get other options in the box. Look at FAST's website and it will tell you what boxes have what depending on features. When I got my box I was under the ASSUMPTION that it would work with a narrow 02, wrong, and the instuctions didn't state that a knock module was needed.

Either way, the wire for the FAST ECU for knock goes to the module. This is for a '86 Monte Carlo Vin G or H . BTW the knock module is called an ESC Module.

A = no wire
B = 12 volt ignition
C = spark retard ( lead from ECU)
D = Ground
E = to ESC sensor ( Knock sensor)

Now generally, the sensor matches the module, ie ..... use the same year and model for both.
:cool:

Back