Anyone with a "AUCTION INSANITY" Buick GN?

Hey 6 B Kwik! I would be interested in the Buick GN in your set! Wanna sell it! Probably not much interest in Grandpa's Buick! Seriously if you come across an extra AUCTION INSANITY, plese let me know! I am still trying to decide if I should order a case to insure I get one. I only collect Turbo Buick diecasts. Thought I would say hi! Kent

K Buckles said:
Hey 6 B Kwik! I would be interested in the Buick GN in your set! Wanna sell it! Probably not much interest in Grandpa's Buick! Seriously if you come across an extra AUCTION INSANITY, plese let me know! I am still trying to decide if I should order a case to insure I get one. I only collect Turbo Buick diecasts. Thought I would say hi! Kent
Probably not much interest in Grandpa's Buick..whats that mean!!! these cars are a 12 set series which means 1 car per case!! order whole case get all 12 cars!!

Hey Kent, I was just wondering if you knew how to get a copy of the "My Classic Car" episode with the GNs in it? I see by your sig that your car was in it, which car was that? I still look for these diecasts every day I go into work, no luck yet. I asked the toy dept. mgr. and she said she has no way of knowing what new toys are on the way. I also looked for these " G Machines", as mentioned in another post, but only found them at K-mart. The back of the box lists all the different models but no Buick was on that list? Anyone have any info on these?

One lethal GN..... My car appeared on MY CLASSIC CAR first showing February of last year. It continued to show all last year as re-runs. I have the episode tape myself which shows the entire show without the commercials. I think you can get entire the entire season on DVD from MY CLASSIC CAR. I am not sure which episode you are talking about showing the GNs. I know they taped for a future episode last year at The GS Nationals in Bowling Green. That is probably the episode you are looking for. Go to the MCC website for more info. My car appeared on the segment featuring the GMP diecast cars. They talked about my car and the Grand Nationals in general before going into the GMP stuff. They even my GMP Buick GN two post lift and my GMP GN garage accessories set for props during the segment. I was there for the entire taping and was able to give them input, etc... Both Dennis and Sam were there. The garage they tape in is actually next to Dennis Gage's house. I even had to correct them that the GN is turbocharged and not supercharged. It took 3-4 hours to tape the 6-7 minute segment.

One Lethal GN.... about the G Rides from Maisto. I first was able to buy them only in Target stores in my area. That was about October or so. The package showed 6 cars total in the series and one of them being the T Type. My targets have exhausted their supply. Now in the last two weeks, all of the Wal Marts are showing up with the G Rides. Only this time the Buick T Type is not one of them. I have yet to see any at a Wal Mart. I think one car was added and the T Type was taken off as it still shows six in the series. I kind of thought there might have been a licensing or copyright issue and that is why they changed and no longer have the T Type listed as one in the series. It is kinda weird? Anyone else know anything? Thanks, Kent

6 B Kwik....... 12 car set, exactly. So after you keep all of the 8 cylinder cars, it just leaves a wanna be musclecar (grandpas Buick). Like who would be interested in a Buick 6 amongst all of those 8 cylinders! I am still interested if you want to sell the GN! Kent

K Buckles said:
6 B Kwik....... 12 car set, exactly. So after you keep all of the 8 cylinder cars, it just leaves a wanna be musclecar (grandpas Buick). Like who would be interested in a Buick 6 amongst all of those 8 cylinders! I am still interested if you want to sell the GN! Kent
:confused: :confused: buick gn are my fav!! i own 1987 myself me keeping all i collect thxs greg

Greg, Just joking! They are my favorite too! My wife and I started going to Bowling Green in 1983. We personally witnessed the GNs outnumber the GSs as it went into the late 80s and early 90s. We always drove one of the Gran Sports there and after seeing the Turbo Buick invasion, had to have one. I have owned my GN a number of years now and show it at 25 + shows per year. I really do want to try to find that Auction Insanity GN. I am hoping to buy one without ordering a whole case. I only collect GN stuff so would have to sell the other 11 in the set. Milezone still has quite a few cases so I am going to hold out as long as I can trying to find one at Wal Mart. If you get any leads of any extras, please do let me know. Thanks, Kent

K Buckles said:
Greg, Just joking! They are my favorite too! My wife and I started going to Bowling Green in 1983. We personally witnessed the GNs outnumber the GSs as it went into the late 80s and early 90s. We always drove one of the Gran Sports there and after seeing the Turbo Buick invasion, had to have one. I have owned my GN a number of years now and show it at 25 + shows per year. I really do want to try to find that Auction Insanity GN. I am hoping to buy one without ordering a whole case. I only collect GN stuff so would have to sell the other 11 in the set. Milezone still has quite a few cases so I am going to hold out as long as I can trying to find one at Wal Mart. If you get any leads of any extras, please do let me know. Thanks, Kent
will do belive me i can get u one okay!! dont pay high prices yet they will drop alot of gotta have it now people lol see ya

You are right. I guess maybe I am one of those got to have it now people. I know they will probably be easier to find and go down in price. Sometimes I am just afraid I won't be able to find one later. A year or two ago I bought the 1/64 scale Johnny Lightning GN that you put together yourself. The one that comes with the small screwdriver. I bought that on e bay but then never seen one at a store after that. Thought I was lucky to get it when I did. Now you hardly ever see those for sale anywhere. Guess you never know. take care, Kent

Yea! Greg, I finally found some for sale! Bought 3 of them yesterday on e bay. I guess I can quit "bugging" everyone. Thanks, Kent

K Buckles said:
Yea! Greg, I finally found some for sale! Bought 3 of them yesterday on e bay. I guess I can quit "bugging" everyone. Thanks, Kent
good job!!! i cant wait for mine to get here!!!

I am rolling now, bought 4 more today. If anyone is unable to get one, I can probably help you out. Thanks, Kent

Frank S. 2 part question

The first part of my question is which car did you find on Ebay, the auction insanity or the muscle car JL? I found 2 of the muscle car series GNs at work and bought both as soon as I saw them. I still haven't seen any auction insanity GNs or otherwise at work yet. I will continue to look though. The second part of my question is what type of rims are those on your car? I have the Cragar street stars in chrome ( because of the ease of cleaning over aluminum ) but like the flatter look of your rims. I assume they are aluminum? Thanks for your time.

I have about 12 GNs from each series now. I have bought most of mine in lots of 3-6 on E Bay. I have bought all on E Bay using "buy it now". The only ones I have found outside of E Bay are 2 cars from the Musclecars series I found at TRU and 5 Auction Insanity cars I bought from Milestones diecast. Thanks, Kent