Anything new in headlights for our cars?

When these cars were new, I can remember adjusting the dash lights way down to almost the lowest setting. And I never, ever dreamed I’d have a problem seeing while driving at night, not even a little bit. But, now the dash lights don’t have a bright enough setting and those headlights? Phewww! May as well be parking lamps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Many thanks for the responses, Gentlemen. I will do a search. I did not even know that HID or LED lights were available for cars.
Seedling, you can't hold a candle to me. In 2016 I lost my dominate right eye to Glaucoma. Even with Cataract surgery my left eye varies between 20/30 to 20/40. If you guys really want a good laugh I use 300 a watt light bulb in my living room.

Many thanks for the responses, Gentlemen. I will do a search. I did not even know that HID or LED lights were available for cars.
Seedling, you can't hold a candle to me. In 2016 I lost my dominate right eye to Glaucoma. Even with Cataract surgery my left eye varies between 20/30 to 20/40. If you guys really want a good laugh I use 300 a watt light bulb in my living room.

Lol! 300 Watts??? Wowzer!! No sir, you’ve got me beat hands down! But, our lights do suck!! Lol!

Actually, Seedling, currently I am running a 250 watt bulb in the lamp with a shade. However, when I inspect my .45 auto cases for reloading I do use the 300 watt bulb. A;so, after reading some of the LED & HID options for our cars I am more confused than ever. I looked at 1 pic of headlights that was butt ugly. Maybe the Kirban headlight wiring kit? It sure would be nice to have better lighting all the way around.

Yes sir, I’ve seen some of the options as well and you’re right, some aren’t all that pretty! Don’t know much about the Kirban kit, however, I did find the Casper’s kit which is supposed to increase your current out put by like 20% (with just the harness alone) and it’s like $100 bones. I figure if the hot wire kit works as well as it does then this must too.

I'm sort of disappointed after researching some of this. I thought that at some time Kirban had out a hot wire kit for the standard sealed headlight configuration. Evidently no more or never was. Most of the headlight faces (front lenses) for bulb type headlights are "butt ugly". I'm not so much in a hurry to imprive the headlights now. I guess that I'm too much of a Buick Regal "purist" to readily accept changes. Many thanks for all of the suggestions though. Also at one time Kirban had out a improvements for the dash lights with new bulbs or something like that.

There are some great options for our cars with LED headlamps. It can get pricey but you'll enjoy driving at night again. I'm at work and will check in later if no ones posted a link then I will

I'm sort of disappointed after researching some of this. I thought that at some time Kirban had out a hot wire kit for the standard sealed headlight configuration. Evidently no more or never was. Most of the headlight faces (front lenses) for bulb type headlights are "butt ugly". I'm not so much in a hurry to imprive the headlights now. I guess that I'm too much of a Buick Regal "purist" to readily accept changes. Many thanks for all of the suggestions though. Also at one time Kirban had out a improvements for the dash lights with new bulbs or something like that.

Hella vision plus H4 conversion lights are a stockish light with a replaceable H4 bulb with that can be used with halogen, HID or LED for the low beams, although you will need to swap (2) pins in the headlight plug on the car (low beams only).

And their H1 conversion lights work very well for the high beams. No re-pining necessary.

IMG_2282.JPG

Disregard the silver driving light panel.

+1 on those Hella lights.
I've used the "European" (Hella or Cibie H4/H1 - sealed beam replacements) lights in various cars since the early 80s. Highly recommended improvement. I saved the Cibie quad set-up when we sold the '84 Century, the buyer did not want to have to deal with swapping the headlights to pass inspection (back then NJ used to check that stuff :rolleyes:). I still have them in my 60's cars. They look stock until you see the road at night.
Another advantage to that approach is the well-defined light patterns, unlike some of the new options.

Lots of build/install/photo threads on this subject. Here is mine. May not apply to what you want or need. But maybe skim through it.

Many thanks to all who have responded to this thread & a special thanks to those who have posted pics and links to pics. I like both the Hella's and the last ones pictured.

Last edited:
Gary look up Jorge at Vision Industries on FB. He is good and prices are cheap!!

I try not to drive too much at night these days. Hell, even during the day I have my H6054's on.