You can type here any text you want

AOL

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello people; I guess AOL is changing things as it's been down all day.
IBBY

AOL is still around and people actually use it?

My elderly aunt and uncle still have/use it...it goes along with their corded kitchen wall phone, coffee perculater & Sunday roast dinner served promptly at noon every week for the past 45 years, God bless them....anybody remember the prodigy search engine?

I've used it since Al Gore invented the internet. :p

Just heard of that new fangled free version so I went with that since I now have that fast phone line and not the slow one you put the phone in the cradle with. :eek::p

AOL mail and internet favorites is way better set up than those of hotmail or gmail that I can tell you. :)

Excepting when your account gets hacked that is..... :(

Prodigy? They did "Firestarter" right? :D

A few weeks ago the wife and I were explaining to our 9 and 11 year olds about dial up modems and their sounds. The look on their faces were priceless. After laughing at the kids amazement we decided to show them cassette tapes, eight tracks and floppy discs. It was funny because they thought we were messing with them. It is amazing how far the technology has came in the last 15 years.

A few weeks ago the wife and I were explaining to our 9 and 11 year olds about dial up modems and their sounds. The look on their faces were priceless. After laughing at the kids amazement we decided to show them cassette tapes, eight tracks and floppy discs. It was funny because they thought we were messing with them. It is amazing how far the technology has came in the last 15 years.

This made me laugh, how true it is. Reminded me too. Last year my kids got into a car with manual windows...they had no idea how to roll the windows down.

Back