Are 009's gas pigs?

rastaz

aka 80's Rob
I've gone to 009's on my new motor having run blue tops for years. It didn't take long for me to notice the decline in fuel mileage... I don't really care cause its a weekend/strip car but I just want to know from you guys who have gone to 009's if they are really pigs or if I have some other tuning issue. The chips I'm currently running are for 009's but were burnt for stock motor parameters. I have new chips on the way burnt for my current combo (TE-44, 212/212, 2800 stall). Maybe this could be part of the problem?

I noticed a very slight dcrease in mileage,but nothing to really talk about.Just use a good chip and make sure you're well tuned.The worse your state of tune with a bigger injector,the worse the mileage gets.

Rob, when I went from red-stripes to 009's I noticed a decline in mpg too. My ace was the Maxeffort chip that let me pull a bunch of cruise fuel out. Not as good as the 40's, but far better than at first. Like you said though, a chip burned for your combo is the best start. Also, a new engine isn't gonna be as loose as one with say 250km's on it either, so it may pick up a touch once all is settled in your new mill :)
Jim

I got a slight increase in mpg after 009s. Even more of a bump after going to Testa's chip.

_BOB

I averaged 24mpg on the highway with them and RA93 chip which is down from 26 with factory stuff.

Originally posted by KEVINS
I averaged 24mpg on the highway with them and RA93 chip which is down from 26 with factory stuff.

WOW! How the hell? When I had my Pitbull chip, I would get like 14-15mpg (normal driving). Then, with an RA93, it went down to 11mpg. I took the chip off after only a week and went to a Lubrant chip thats currently getting me about 16mpg. :confused: :confused:

I'd do anything just to get 20mpg. :confused:

Originally posted by Steve Wood
95% is in the chip...

Yah that's what I thought. I hope the 93 chip I get from Red is like KEVINS and gets over 20mpg once I've got it dialed in... :D

95% is in the chip...

then the rest must be, 1% Fuel Pressure

4% heavy foot testing the 009's capability :)

Uh, the heavy foot factor cannot be considered....I get 9 miles to the gallon no matter what injectors I have run in the last two years...Some days, I never leave the Shell station parking lot! :)

Chip and foot. The Red chip is rich. Regardless of injector, the cruise tune should yield similar MPG's cruising. City driving vs. highway is HUGE.

I rarely break 45mph in my 4 mile trip to work and average about 13-14 mpg. One week I took a 40 mile road trip and mpg jumped 2-3 points. A full tank on the highway I would expect to easily better 22 MPG.

I agree with the city vs. highway thing. I had 55s in my car for a couple of years and city mileage was lousy..but I got 22 mpg on the highway headed to Bristol.

Uh, the heavy foot factor cannot be considered....I get 9 miles to the gallon no matter what injectors I have run in the last two years...Some days, I never leave the Shell station parking lot! :)
here I thought I was the only one that would neer levae the Gas pump--dang RA93:confused: