You can type here any text you want

Are all G-body cars wired the same?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hybridgnwagon

Hybrid Member
I'm getting ready to drop the motor in my 83 Malibu in a few weeks and I was wondering if the factory motor harness off my 87 GN swap will plug into my Malibu connector at the fuseblock on the firewall? My car is in winter storage at the moment and I want to have all needed parts ready when I pull it out to do the transplant. Also, I know the GN dash bolts up, but is there any kind of seperate wiring involved? Any help would be appreciated

the only thing i can help with is the ignition wire that the turbo cars have(goes to fan relays,oil sender,etc) is non-existent in the Malibu.I'm sure there is more mods to make,someone will add some info soon.

The engine harness wouldn't plug into the fuse block on my '79 Olds. You'll have to try it on your '83.

It will plug in but there will be some missing wires like power for the fuel injectors, fuel pump, etc. :)

I just did this to an 84 Hurst olds.
Luckily I had an old GN fuse block with dash wiring.
You need to add 2 fuses with wires into the bulkhead.
One for the fuel inj/fuel pump
one fore the fan relays.
Using the old fuse block,I removed 2 wires with the fuse connectors on them,
Put them into 2 open fuse spots in the olds fuse block,other end had hte bulkheads connectors so they plugged in.
THen had to make 2 jumpers from power in the fuse box to power the fuses.

I just did this to an 84 Hurst olds.
Luckily I had an old GN fuse block with dash wiring.
You need to add 2 fuses with wires into the bulkhead.
One for the fuel inj/fuel pump
one fore the fan relays.
Using the old fuse block,I removed 2 wires with the fuse connectors on them,
Put them into 2 open fuse spots in the olds fuse block,other end had hte bulkheads connectors so they plugged in.
THen had to make 2 jumpers from power in the fuse box to power the fuses.

How does the GN dash wiring tie in with the standard g-body harness? I think I need to just find a fuse block out of a GN. It sounds like the easier way to go

Did you just run a seperate 12v source for the fuel pump? How did you power your injectors?

Thanks for the info everyone:wink:

I had to add fuses in the fuse box and add the wires going out to the bulk head connector and fuel pump.

Back