Are any of you running an Autometer gauge pillar?

1BUICKT

I posted a few days ago in the Parts Wanted section that I am on the look for a used gauge pillar or pod for my TTA with no luck so I've decided to shop around for a new one.
I've done some research in this forum and have seen quite a bit of bashing on the Lotek one as far as quality and fitment so I'm considering the Autometer triple pillar (atm-12201).
Do any of you have any input on this as far as quality and fitment? Also does it completely replace the original a-pillar or is it an add-on?

Thanks,
Johnny

I had a triple in another TTA and it was too crowded for me. Made the car look like I really liked gauges. It was a direct replacement.
Anyway, I just seen one for sale not too long ago on turbotransam.com

I posted a few days ago in the Parts Wanted section that I am on the look for a used gauge pillar or pod for my TTA with no luck so I've decided to shop around for a new one.
I've done some research in this forum and have seen quite a bit of bashing on the Lotek one as far as quality and fitment so I'm considering the Autometer triple pillar (atm-12201).
Do any of you have any input on this as far as quality and fitment? Also does it completely replace the original a-pillar or is it an add-on?

Thanks,
Johnny
I think I have a 2 gauge a pillar pod if you're interested?

I had a triple in another TTA and it was too crowded for me. Made the car look like I really liked gauges. It was a direct replacement.

I'm honestly not all that much of a fan of the three pillar unless it's in a diesel powered pick-up... But besides this there really isnt much of an option from what I see to install any aftermarket gauges. If I can pick one up at a decent price it'll be worth at least trying out to see if it's tolerable. Was yours an Autometer pillar?

Johnny

I'm honestly not all that much of a fan of the three pillar unless it's in a diesel powered pick-up... But besides this there really isnt much of an option from what I see to install any aftermarket gauges. If I can pick one up at a decent price it'll be worth at least trying out to see if it's tolerable. Was yours an Autometer pillar?

Johnny
I cant remember. It was expensive tho. I agree, 3 pillar pod looked killer in my Duramax.

Picture of the Auto meter in mine. It attaches over the stock pillar. I've got boost and fuel up there along with an oil that I had laying around to plug the hole until I got something else. I bought it about 10 years ago but I'm sure they still make it the same. And please excuse the mess since I'm fixing and rewiring some things.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1408072858090.jpg
    1408072858090.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 129
  • 1408072888010.jpg
    1408072888010.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 124
  • 1408072908092.jpg
    1408072908092.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 122
Picture of the Auto meter in mine.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Thank so much for the reply, pics and info... It really helped me out. I'll probably pick up the used one over at the TTA forum that was recommended for me to check out (thanks btw!). I'll just need to figure out how I want to cleanly fill the alky LED holes that were drilled in it as my car has no alky and I have no plans on running such.

Last edited:
Sure no problem. Any other questions let me know. The only thing is the top most gauge is a little tough to see so maybe put something not as important up there. I'm going to put a trans temp gauge up there.

I like having everything right there so it's easy to glance at during the run at the track. I actually had the Scanmaster attached to the side of the pillar during runs so I could pay attention to any knock and what fuel pressure and boost I was seeing when it happened.