You can type here any text you want

Are my injectors big enough ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mytta49

I currently have 30 lb green stripe and am wondering if they are big enough for my setup or should I go with new 50 msd's. If you say the 30's are big enough, when would be the need to go larger.

Enigne stock except for

1. RJC powerplate
2. 160 thermostat
3. hot wire kit and Walpro
4. Alky kit running 23 lbs boost
5. K&N open cone filter
6. Turbo tweak alky chip
7. 100 lb valve springs
8. new timing chain
9. Scanmaster shows around 1.5 degrees of knock on the 3rd to 4th shift and O2 readings average 850 to 880

Many thanks

You have enough injector to go low 12's with alky. You are way rich...Should be about 780 with alky.

Jason

Haha yes. Black is better than blue though. Post up your scanmaster numbers. BLM's....Also, what is your static fuel pressure?

Jason

I will get the numbers, last I remember the BL was at 133
The static fuel pressure is 43

Looks good...What is your alky knob set at? Have you made any changes to the chip?

Jason

Knob is set to 5 1/2 and the chip is what Eric Marshall set it at for Alky.

Turn the knob to 4. That is what Julio has it set at from his place, and you are rich anyway. See if the knock and o2's go away.

Jason

Good stock injectors can get you into the 11's at 113-114mph, add alky and they'll take you even further so I'd say the 30# are plenty :D

I'd say go larger when you need to, running an alky kit you'll always need a smaller injector than if you were running on gasoline alone.

HTH,
Steve

The problem with stockers is their 20 years old.

I dont have a problem with 30lb injectors.. its the "how old" they are.

Back