You can type here any text you want

Are stock rod bolts strong also install of giridle waste of money?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

v6shooter

I come up with some brand new 2 dot buick rods. Never been installed, my ? is will the rods bolts be ok in a 11.40 to 11.60 car or do u reccomend arp rod bolt install and rods recond. I have another ? I'm I throwing good money away if I installed a girdle for the time I want to run as above no plans to go any faster.

Here is my personal opinion....

Yes, the stock rod bolts will hold up, and you can use the rods as is. The girdle is not needed at that power level. Once you get into the 10's or trap speeds in the 125mph area you will want to the bottom end to be solid for piece of mind. I have seen many say, "I don't want to go faster than...." you get my drift.
It is better to make it strong now while it's apart if it's in the budget. That way when you shoot for high tens, mid tens, high nines, the bottom end is already built to support it. Thats only my opinion...HTH

Yes, the stock rod bolts will hold up, and you can use the rods as is. The girdle is not needed at that power level. HTH

+1 If your not going to go faster than 11's your better off spending your money elsewhere. JMHO :)

Back