Are the new door shells any good?

troyk

I'm in the market for a door & was wondering how good the fit & finish is on these doors? Are there different manufactures to watch out for?

Also, what is recommended to buy with this door while where at it. I'm thinking a new door handle. I have hinges & window felt on order. I just put a new window motor in the old door, so I'll port that over.

I have installed a set from Gbody parts and they are a terrific replacement. All the holes are correct, no dents , no rust and they fit great.Id never consider used doors again

GoodMark Industries is the manufacturer. GoodMark does not sell direct to consumer.

Gbody is just a vendor re-selling the GoodMark parts.

Multiple vendors sell the GoodMark parts product line - ---just have to look around...

Original Parts Group, the Parts Place, highwayStars, Rock Auto all have shells and skins.

@Intercooled88s member here has a wealth of used parts from parting out a lot of turbo buicks.

Last edited:
CORRECTION: you can order directly from GoodMark, but the website does not list many of the available parts for out turbo buicks.

https://www.goodmarkindustries.com/

attached is a GoodMark catalog for our cars so at least you have part #'s as you search. it's a couple years old, but a wealth of info.;)

Attachments

• Goodmark_Gbody_catalog.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 130
The good mark doors are great!. Just make sure you open the box and check for damage before sign for them.

The doors fit great, but just like the other guys said make sure you check for dents when you receive them. It took three different delivers to get a set that was acceptable

Same with me,fit great all around. Bought both when they first came out from gbody. Packing was very poor at best and bottom corners were bent. I just had the body shop fix them before paint. Not cheap, 500.00 each. A few years later bought a new steel hood from goodmark and packaging was spot on. I believe they just drop ship so cant really blame gbody for packaging.

I'm in the market for a door & was wondering how good the fit & finish is on these doors? Are there different manufactures to watch out for?

Also, what is recommended to buy with this door while where at it. I'm thinking a new door handle. I have hinges & window felt on order. I just put a new window motor in the old door, so I'll port that over.
Yeah I just put a set on my GN last year with all new trim, the holes where all cut in the right spot and everything lined up great, only thing is on the upper I had to align the chrome trim and use a hot metal screwdriver to make the holes to go thru, if you have a little patience it will go super easy, just make sure you have new push tabs for the door panel.