Are there any buick guys out there who live in or near Sacramento Ca.

I'm about an hour from you guys up in Penn Valley. Used to live in Rocklin till March.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Looking for a shop,i have a 86 t-type looking to get some work done after the first of the year. Im not sure whats been done to the car,need a place thats trust worthy and that can tell me aboat the car.

Looking for a shop,i have a 86 t-type looking to get some work done after the first of the year. Im not sure whats been done to the car,need a place thats trust worthy and that can tell me aboat the car.
My buddy Danny (92cobra above) has been on the look for a local shop to possibly have some engine work/mods done and is coming up short as well. Are you having issues with your TR or just looking to mod? Just curious.

Johnny

I do however know of a guy named Marlin who has been locally known as a "Turbo Buick Guru" over the years in the South Sac area I believe... It's been at least 10+ years since I've seen or spoken to him. I recently got his current cell from an old acquaintance from my 5liter Mustang days to contact him and let him know I've joined the TR crowd.. But misplaced it somehow. I'm still searching for it though.. I remember when I was at his shop he had a customers GNX in there under his care as well as anothers 9sec drag GN there. Really clean shop... It was call GNXtremes. When I find his number, I'll let you know.. Hopefully within the next day or so. He was a really cool guy and always was enthused to educate us "young 5liter punk kids" about how unique and special these Turbo Regals are... And how easy they are to modify too. lol

Gota check engine light on,pretty sure its an o2 sensor. Mainly looking to go faster. The car has $2800.00 in the transmison,upgraded fuel presure regulator,it looks like upgraded fuel pump. Other than that im not sure,im looking for someone to look at it and tell me what i have. It used to belong to my brother,i know hes done work to it but i dont know what.

Does your car have a scanmaster?... and do you have any interest in doing the hands on work yourself?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 122
No i dont have a scanmaster,how much do they run and wher can i get one. I would love to be able to work on my own stuff,all i need is some guidance. No problem getting my hands dirty i do welding and fabrication for a living. By the way thanks for taking interest.

Here is where I purchased mine... http://www.turbotweakstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=1007-Buick
They are a very wise investment for your TR and considered a "must have" for the majority. I'm no pro when it comes to these cars but I've learned ALOT with a huge help to this forum over the last couple of years. The search engine is your friend and chances are any and all questions about these cars regarding troubleshooting and modifications that you may have probably has been previously discussed in older topics. The "General Buick Tech" and "Junkyard Dogs" sections have been particularly helpful for me.
This is another good site for information and a page from it worth reading...
http://www.gnttype.org/maint/basics.html

Well we could at least get together and share what knowledge we have. 1buickt I assume since you are Lincoln this is Johnny right? I work a normal shift now mon-fri days so I would be open to meeting on some sat or sun afternoon. What type of welding Kaine? I'm in need of getting my headers welded and just want some quality work. I am even considering just shipping them to TurboLou due to his reputation.

Well we could at least get together and share what knowledge we have. 1buickt I assume since you are Lincoln this is Johnny right?

Yep, It's me... And that's my thoughts too. I've just got to look at my schedule to see when I'll be available to maybe meet up. I just figured I'd also give some good resources for him to read up on to learn more about his car.

Im curuntly welding .035 mig wire,it works pretty good on light meterial. Headers are generally tig welded,i dont have access to a tig welder rite now. Where at on the header needs to be welded,it could be possible to mig weld it.

Im up in Placerville with a B4B car. 81 sport coupe.
Not running yet but the car is straight and clean. Needs to be gone through since its been parked since 94. Believe it needs a complete rebuild.
will be getting new wheels and tires in the next few weeks
image001 copy.jpg

Johnny lets get a date set for us all to meet up. I know it might be hard with the holidays coming up, but sine I don't have family in the area it just means I have more time off so I'm still game.

Kaine, the cracks are near collector points. I will try to take some good pics so you get an idea. I can't provide input on which welding is best for the headers. On your car I have found the best thing is to get side by side with another TR to really compare what has been done.

Cooper12 love the B4B! Those car and engine combos are unique and with so many people doing swaps to the intercooled you could have a rare car down the road. I have always wanted to play with one and swap the carb out for a TBI. Would up the reliability and fueling wouldn't be an issue since you can use the 454 setup.

Im available most mornings Saturday or Sunday before noon,I wouldn't mind meeting up for coffee and to meet you guys. As far as the headers go send some pictures or we can look at the if we meet up what ever works,im easey.

Johnny lets get a date set for us all to meet up. I know it might be hard with the holidays coming up, but sine I don't have family in the area it just means I have more time off so I'm still game.

Im available most mornings Saturday or Sunday before noon,I wouldn't mind meeting up for coffee and to meet you guys. As far as the headers go send some pictures or we can look at the if we meet up what ever works,im easey.

How would this upcoming Saturday work for you guys?