You can type here any text you want

Areas of concern?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Detroiit

Hi all, I'm in the process of buying my first GN. (Let me say I hope this is correct area to post my question in.) The 87 im lookin at is beautiful and seems perfect. Are there area's I should be focusing on like "common area's" that rot or leak or anything in particular i should be focusing on?

Trunk pans, rear rails and body mounts seem to be the most common place for Regals to rust out. If it has T-Tops, the windshield pillars, roof at top of windshield and as a result front floor pans rust out. Slowly drive it through a puddle and make sure there are only two tire tracks on the other side. Listen for engine noises beyond injectors clicking. Look down the oil filler neck with a flashlight and look for signs of oil contamination. Pull the trans dipstick and smell it for burnt fluid once warm. When it is cold, let it idle with the radiator cap off and look for bubbles. If you are able, do a compression test (not likely to happen but you can ask) and look at the plugs for rich or lean condition. Make sure it starts on the first few revolutions of the engine. No lights should be showing on the instrument cluster. Remember it's a used car and you will need to maintain it and probably put some money in it to get it to your liking.

Hi all, I'm in the process of buying my first GN. (Let me say I hope this is correct area to post my question in.) The 87 im lookin at is beautiful and seems perfect. Are there area's I should be focusing on like "common area's" that rot or leak or anything in particular i should be focusing on?
See attached..

Attachments

Maybe someone in your area would take a look at it and give their opinion for a small donation?? If you are not familiar, you could be learning very quickly after the purchase. What area are you in???

That is a comprehensive list posted and very well done. However a 338 point inspection is never going to happen. Food for thought yes.

Im in the westland michigan area and its a forum members car also. His name on here is ss502 i believe. Some of you may know his car.

Back