Argh, now I have a miss.. I have 3 coil packs + modules so I know it's not that

Berman

Ok, I've run searches on misses, and basically all the ones I find are related to the coil pack and module. I have three of each and the miss is there with all of them, one coil pack and module is brand new, so I'm sure it's not them. I've tried the combinations of different coil packs with different modules, etc.

I've tried a different ECU as well, but with the same chip I've been using. I have a stock chip, but that won't do me any good with 43 lb injectors..

Suggestions anyone? Thing I'm going to try after work: ohm all the plug wires (I have a new set as well), check all the plugs (even though I just checked them), try the other chip that I have that will supposedly work with the 43's, .. umm..

What else can I try? Argh.. I get one stupid problem after another. :mad:

I have a running parts car (lol, that has a miss also) that I can swap parts from btw.

LOL join the club man I've been chasing one for weeks now. When you posted the other day about your car dying but no miss that got me wondering. I still think mine is in the cp/module. On yours definately check the plugs and wires. Check for vacuum leaks, egr, check all grounds for sure. Whats your tps look like?

Edit- Also might wanna give the Maf the ol tap test

Originally posted by striker_29
LOL join the club man I've been chasing one for weeks now. When you posted the other day about your car dying but no miss that got me wondering. I still think mine is in the cp/module. On yours definately check the plugs and wires. Check for vacuum leaks, egr, check all grounds for sure. Whats your tps look like?

Edit- Also might wanna give the Maf the ol tap test

It never missed before. It would die when put in drive, but there was no miss at idle or when you rev it in park, or reverse for that matter.

I tried going back to the old bad coil pack, and while it brings back the dying in drive problem, the miss is still there.

It's just life not being nice to me :( I have several mechanic friends helping me so I hope to resolve this quickly..

Make sure your plug wires are not against the wiring harness loom on the passenger side, check the ground wires on the back of the pass. side head, check voltage. If you have a signifigant drop in voltage it will cause the cars to act real stupid and it is like chasing a ghost. If a plug wires are to close to the main wiring harness this will also cause a skip especially under a load. Check plug gaps,cam sensor interupter ring under the cap and make sure you do not have excessive movement(they will break the tab off sometimes).
Good Luck

Check the basics dummy :D Checked my plugs, one was fouled as hell. Fixed it, bam no more miss.

Yet now I have another problem, I think my maf or o2 is bad because when the car goes into closed loop it breaks up when it goes into boost and sometimes just when taking off slowly. What luck I have. At least I'm knocking these problems out at a rate of one per day :) How many more can there possibly be?

I am having similar problems. I feel your pain

You have two posts going at the same time. One says your car is missing and the other says your car is running great again:D
Sounds like your really turned in circles

What are the readings on your coil packs? My car is also breaking up on boost and I am trying the o2 when I get home tonight

Originally posted by blackbuick87
I am having similar problems. I feel your pain

You have two posts going at the same time. One says your car is missing and the other says your car is running great again:D
Sounds like your really turned in circles

What are the readings on your coil packs? My car is also breaking up on boost and I am trying the o2 when I get home tonight

The post about it running great was before the miss started. :(

I'll offer another couple of things to check out with the miss problem since I was chasing that too within the last week. Check MAF sensor as recommended and check values with scan tool if available. You want to see 4-7 GPS at idle and 456 (I think?) at WOT. Change frame DS fuel filter if it hasn't been done in a while. Check fuses that relate to fuel delivery at fuse block, in line fuse if you have a FP hot wire harness kit, and for FP relay at PS fender. My problem was in tank fuel pump going bad and I decided that I didn't want to do the repair (frustrated and exhausted!) myself after working with the car chasing ends like you're doing. I was told that a fuel pump going bad can work intermittently and can lead you to believe you may have a miss or ignition problem. I also checked my coils with known good ones and ones on car were good also. Hopefully the shop will have my new Walbro 340 in soon. Definitely check the car to see if pump primes when key is first turned on. Hope some of this helps you out. Good luck.

Berman,

Need to make a correction on some info I gave you in the previous post. Max AF values should approach 255 GPS and not 456 as I had stated. My bad! Hope you get your car running good once again.