You can type here any text you want

ARP 223-3703 Torque Specs

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boosted3

I checked the ARP website and there doesnt seem to be anything on there about these bolts...Can someone help me out with the specs on them and when i should retorque them? I know usually there is a 3 step process on torque levels when installing them but i cant find any numbers. Thanks!

These are the head bolts that Cottons sells if that helps any...They are for stock heads.

Clean the bolts with brake cleaner, then use ARP assembly lube on both sides of the washers. Make sure the washers have the radius relief facing up under the bolt heads. Apply teflon pipe sealer to the threads. (some like to use silicone) run all the bolts down snug, then torque as follows: starting from the center and working circularly outward, torque to 45 ft/lbs, then 55 ft/lbs. then 65 ft/lbs. Then torque the center two (long ones) to 70 ft/lbs. Then wait ten minutes and loosen each bolt separately and then retorque to 65 (70 on the long ones) Do one bolt at a time in any order, it doesn't matter. Then let 'er rip. Depending on the gaskets you use, you may nedd to retorque after a couple of heat cycles. Stock head gaskets do NOT need re-torque (9441-pt Fel-Pro)

Back