You can type here any text you want

arp head bolts

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jimski

In over my head
Just bought a set of ARP head bolts, they have washers to use are they necesary?

If you are asking you didnt read the instructions.... READ the instructions! make sure you use the torque lube (like Bryan said already) and make sure the washers are facing the right direction .... Flat side down.

If you are asking you didnt read the instructions.... READ the instructions! make sure you use the torque lube (like Bryan said already) and make sure the washers are facing the right direction .... Flat side down.

Thanks for the reply everyone, the paper for the arp bolts states 70ft pounds while my chilton states 80ft pounds should I just torque them to 80

Thanks for the reply everyone, the paper for the arp bolts states 70ft pounds while my chilton states 80ft pounds should I just torque them to 80
The Clinton figure of 80 ft/lbs is with motor oil for sure. If your using the 170,000 psi bolts i wouldn't go over 70 with the ARP lube. If your using the 190,000 pro series you'll be fine with 80 ft/lbs

Back