ARP head studs on a 109.

NJ Torque

YSOSLOW?
Any one have a sequence about how to tourque them down, and use the lube and sealer... where/how should I torque them to what specs? Thanks.

I just put the studs in the block with peratex sealer (finger tight) and then set the heads on and followed the stock torque sequence using arp lube. You have to do 5 torque cycles if you're using new (arp) hardware.

Put sealer in every bolt hole? Also, how much did you torque down each sequence?

Thanks
Chris

Yes, I put sealer on every stud. The studs go into the block finger tight. As far as torque goes I used stock sequence and arp torque specs. You'll get allot of different opinions on that one so you'll have to make the call. My limited knowledge of hardware pointed to using arp's torque suggestion. When I get a tranny in I'll let you know if it'll hold 8 bolt heads on a low 11 motor. Back to the point. I stepped up the torque in increments until I achieved max torque. Then, making sure the stud didn't back off I loosened and retorqued each stud in sequence. I did it again like five more times. So, for clarity, I basically went through the torque sequence like 6 times once I had achieved my desired spec. (backing off and retightening each one every time) Then I let it set for a couple of days. FWIW I would have started it sooner but I couldn't. HTH. james