Art Carr transmissions

HUENEMEGN

Has anyone ever had their 2004r built by Art Carr (CPT) I know TB guys use to run his converters but was wondering if anyone has run a fully built tranny by him? I talked to him directly and he said he can build me a strong transmission that can handle my power level. He is decent in price. It will include one of his torque converted as well.

It might have been a "fat finger moment" on his phone when reading the post. I've seen that happen before.....

Of course .. I've done that. lol
But I was curious if maybe he don't think Art Carr is a good choice. Just picking brains at the moment.

Has anyone ever had their 2004r built by Art Carr (CPT) I know TB guys use to run his converters but was wondering if anyone has run a fully built tranny by him? I talked to him directly and he said he can build me a strong transmission that can handle my power level. He is decent in price. It will include one of his torque converted as well.
Over the years I have seen a few.not a lot of what I would call hard parts and a lot of slip to keep things alive.dave husek builds an awesome 200 give him a call.

Of course .. I've done that. lol
But I was curious if maybe he don't think Art Carr is a good choice. Just picking brains at the moment.
I recently had my converter restalled by Art Carr. Keep in mind he is late in his age and does not personally build them of course. When you have an operation as big as his, I wouldn’t expect quality over quantity.

There are other quality trans builders in Cali.

got one in my GN, 400+ hp extreme duty with 9/11 HD mega torque converter,LU high stall aug. 2003 25,000 miles later still going

lots of ways to make it cheaper:eek: my vote is call dave husek or one of the other vendor on here.
First off there is no such thing as a cheap transmission. Anyone who says otherwise will be a new member of " well the guy said it would work" club.

Art Carr built some really good transmissions and converters. He was the one that came up with a 9 inch non lock converter and it held up to a lot of abuse. Yes it had slippage in it and they all do. And yes he was the go to guy for a 200R4 for 30 years.

If he gave you a price on doing yours ask him about a warranty on it. He will back it up.

There are others in Southern Cal that can build them too. Nothing against Husek and others across the country.

First off there is no such thing as a cheap transmission. Anyone who says otherwise will be a new member of " well the guy said it would work" club.

Art Carr built some really good transmissions and converters. He was the one that came up with a 9 inch non lock converter and it held up to a lot of abuse. Yes it had slippage in it and they all do. And yes he was the go to guy for a 200R4 for 30 years.

If he gave you a price on doing yours ask him about a warranty on it. He will back it up.

There are others in Southern Cal that can build them too. Nothing against Husek and others across the country.
I'm sorry you misunderstood me I didn't say inexpensive "cheap" auto makers do it all the time sometimes it bites them on their ass and we have a "recall" the cheaper doesn't always work most times it's ok