You can type here any text you want

Asking KENNE BELL HEADER OWNERS...

• Thread starter Thread starter coach
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
C

coach

Hey Guys,
I am having a new MAF pipe mandrel bent for my new engine. I am mocking it up on my stock engine, using my stock J bracket holding my turbo and my factory headers. I am wanting to know...Did your Kenne Bell headers put the turbo exactly in the factory location? I cannot afford to have this pipe made and then find out that the turbo is now off from where I thought it was going to be. Are you using the factory J bracket to hold your turbo in place? That will tell me for sure.

Thanks
Coach

I think KB's move the turbo over and thats why alot of downpipes hit the frame...Im not positive though

Hey Guys,
I am having a new MAF pipe mandrel bent for my new engine. I am mocking it up on my stock engine, using my stock J bracket holding my turbo and my factory headers. I am wanting to know...Did your Kenne Bell headers put the turbo exactly in the factory location? I cannot afford to have this pipe made and then find out that the turbo is now off from where I thought it was going to be. Are you using the factory J bracket to hold your turbo in place? That will tell me for sure.

Thanks
Coach

Yes, have always used the factory J bracket to hold the turbo in place with the Kenne Bell headers.

Headers we sell are based on the KB design, used the stock bracket to hold my 6262 in place, no issues.

Reason the dp comes close to the fenderwell is because it has to sweep farther out to clear the crossover pipe that comes up into the motor compartment.

Headers we sell are based on the KB design, used the stock bracket to hold my 6262 in place, no issues.

Reason the dp comes close to the fenderwell is because it has to sweep farther out to clear the crossover pipe that comes up into the motor compartment.

X3

My old original Kenne Bell Headers fit the turbo perfectly in the factory J bracket perfectly. I agree with Marks comment that on KB headers it's the placement of the crossover pipe merge on the passenger header (just like on the ATR's) that makes a downpipe with a longer sweep necessary. This is why the DP's come dangerously close to to the inner fender in this application. Here's a picture of what I'm talking about........you can see in the picture how close the longer sweeping Down Pipe is positioned just barely clearing the inner fender well.
SE Turbo DP for ATR-KB Headers 001.jpg

Yeah, I know my Terry Houston 3.5 pipe is going to be tight. I am planning on modding my cross over pipe after talking to Brian Cotton. He showed me exactly what to do to make it fit real nice.
Thanks for the quick replies.

Yeah, I know my Terry Houston 3.5 pipe is going to be tight. I am planning on modding my cross over pipe after talking to Brian Cotton. He showed me exactly what to do to make it fit real nice.
Thanks for the quick replies.
Do you not have the THDP that was made for the KB headers? Since the down pipe made for KB headers heads straight out from the turbo then turns down,you might be able to solve your fitment issue by adding a straight section to the down pipe before the turn down.

Since the Kenne Bell and the ATR headers are basically the same headers i was able to find and buy an ATR 3'' external wastegate down pipe and it fit perfect with my GT6776s.

Since the Kenne Bell and the ATR headers are basically the same headers i was able to find and buy an ATR 3'' external wastegate down pipe and it fit perfect with my GT6776s.
I have k.b. headers, i use the factory j bracket, no problem, i need a 3 or 3/1/2 downpipe with external wategate, any one know where i can get one!

is it guaranteed to fit? i have tryed ta performance,az both of theres 3 and 3 1/2 no fit!! let me know

is it guaranteed to fit? i have tryed ta performance,az both of theres 3 and 3 1/2 no fit!! let me know
Are you saying that you have KB headers and haven't been able to run the motor because you can't find a down pipe that fits?

Too many variables involved, would never guarantee a perfect fit. Motor mounts, headers used, etc. Trimming of the inner fenderwell will more than likely be required. What were the issues with the TA pipes??

no, i have had k.b. headers for years, i have a thdp that fits perfect, i want to go to external gate, and NEED a downpipe with external gate, and cant find one that fits at all,TA not close, any one have one that i can try ( will pay for it, but if no fit, take it back?) or sell me the flange to weld to my pipe?? thanks

Well I just mocked up my Kenne Bell headers and my 3 1/2 inch Terry Houston downpipe on a motor I have on a stand. There is no way in hell that the crossover pipe is going to fit. I will have to rework it totally or sell these headers and buy different headers. Brian Cotton told me I would need to mod it, but its going to be a real pain in the ass. Its going to get real close to the A arm in order to get it down so it will sit under the pipe until I can make the bend back under the engine. Anyone else have to do this? Brian Cotton showed me a car he modded a crossover on, so I am thinking others have had this done.

coach, thats the same problem i had with the (TA)newer thdps, i have a old stlye thdp, its fits perfect, you cant the crossover to go on the header, to tight, will not line up!! i feel your pain. ed

Yeah, Im not happy now. I need to make a decision on whether to mod it or sell these headers and buy the TA's.

1200+ the d.p. , i have the same problem, you think someone would make a dp that would fit. the kenne bell headers

Well I'm thinking that for $1100...I could mod these and Jet Hot coat them and still be ahead. I just don't have the time. I have several other projects going on this build. I can probably get $450 out of my KB's so I might just sell them

Back