You can type here any text you want

ATTN. CRAiG FAST????????????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

TURBOKID

Hey Craig,
I would like your help please. I have had my ecu looked at twice and it is now working I think. the little piston and rod is coming up on the screen now and the ind. cly control will hold the settings after a run now but I can not tell that it is doing anything to the motor. my cly 4 runs really hot and lean and cly 5 is cool and black. I have added as much as 20% in 4 and -20% in5 with no change.
i have to run my motor so lean (about 12.0-12.1) to keep the overly rich clys from skipping and not running good down track that I am hurting the motor slowly. Can I call you and see if you can help me with this, I have tried to get pte to help but they say they have seen the same thing but dont know what to do.

also the timing settings will not stay set after a run so I dont know if it is working.
thanks richie

Richie
Make sure you have proper cyl. sync. It is easy to check with timming, just check timing w/ light than change #1 to -10 deg if it retards your good. Remember you first must rev. past 2000 rpm than it will sync. up at idle. My experence with your type manifold has had #1 & 2 rich. #3 & 4 ok # 5 & 6 lean, I lean out 1 & 2 about -5% & 3&4 -2%. This was good for 24hp. Have you tried to move #4 & 5 injectors to different cyl. to see if the problem moves with them or stays? I have also had this problem on a customers car, when we switched from a coil pack to a dist. & msd 7al the problem went away.

What are you using for an ignition? I've seen the factory ignitions work well up to about 900 horsepower and then a DIS-4 really began to help. I wouldn't guess that an ignition system problem would be cylinder specific but it's a thought.

Back