You can type here any text you want

attn: diesel owners

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Too bad I'll just be getting home from surgery... I'd like to see some CTD's whoop up on the D-max's!! :biggrin:

K.

NCTURBOS said:
I'd like to see some CTD's whoop up on the D-max's!! :biggrin: K.
CTD ? what is that corny turbo diesel ? OH it must have somthing to do with them Dodges = do not over drive, gets expensive want to be trucks. :eek:

TurboIndian said:
...Dodges = do not over drive, gets expensive want to be trucks.

It doesn't matter the vehicle... If you want to play, you're gonna pay!! :cool:

We all know that the CTD's are in a league of their own when it comes to making HP & TQ in these "little" trucks. But I guess it wouldn't be fair having those 6-sec. trucks running against 7-sec. D-max's... :eek:

K.

OK tell me what happened to the 6.0. Just had to have a new turbo and EGR myself. Wish I had my 7.3 back as well, hope the 6.4 coming out next year with common rail and twin turbo does better than the 6.0.

Jim

love my 05 doge ctd monster power better than any other diesel pick on the market..... the interior sucks but itll pull a house over!!!!!

Zacks 85GN said:
OK tell me what happened to the 6.0. Just had to have a new turbo and EGR myself. Wish I had my 7.3 back as well, hope the 6.4 coming out next year with common rail and twin turbo does better than the 6.0.

Jim
I just couldn't trust it for a work truck!! :mad: I had to carry a tool pouch, brake cleaner, & rags behind the seat, couldn't keep the intercooler hoses on & the trans was acting funny. I love this D'max so far. 1st tank of fuel, driving it hard about 55 miles interstate driving, towed about 4,500#'s about 65 miles & the rest were local running around town, & 3 1/8 mile passes @ Mooresville = 15+mpg. :eek: went to Asheville & back 18+mpg :eek: . everything I have read about the D'max everyone says how bad the mileage sucks for the 1st 10k. not in my case :biggrin: . happy happy joy joy!!!

TurboIndian,
Did you get the 360hp d-max with the allison 6sp? If so can you tell much differance between the power of the 6.0?

yes it's the 650 tq, the LBZ I always had a tuner in the 6.0 in stage 2 (tow mode) & it feels about the same. the 6.0 feels like it revs quicker but I cant complain at all so far.

I had the intercooler hoses blow off also. There was a recall on the plastic hoses and mine was replaced with metal ones. Later on they found the vanes sticking on the turbo and over boosting and replaced it and the EGR valve. They said that the Shell Rotell T oil caulsed this soot and carbon problem. They said that Rotella was good oil but not in diesels with an EGR system.

Can't wait to see the 07 Ford 6.4 twin turbo with the common rail injection. Wonder how long it will take them to get the bugs out of this one?

Jim

Zacks 85GN said:
They said that Rotella was good oil but not in diesels with an EGR system.
I think that is just another excuse Ford gives for there problems, because they replace our EGR with only 9k miles. so that would only be 4k miles with Rotella in the engine. :rolleyes: I just ordered a EGR block off plate for this D'max, just to protect it!!
Zacks 85GN said:
Can't wait to see the 07 Ford 6.4 twin turbo with the common rail injection. Wonder how long it will take them to get the bugs out of this one?

Jim
I know I will not be the trial sucker for it like I was for the 6.0! :mad:

My plastic hose blew off my 6.0 when I was pulling my car to bowling green and even knock a dent in my hood. I had to go to my car in the trailer to get a couple of hose clamps to make it there and back. I guess you could say it takes a buick to make a ford run. lol. :biggrin:

Talk to a guy at a local dealer, he said that dodge is going to mercedes-Benz diesel, And that ford was going to offer the cummins, Has anyone else heard this also or does he just not know. Where can I get some info on the new ford 6.4ltr?

Thanks for the information and the web site for the 6.4. I didn"t think that the contracts would be up anytime soon. Do you think that this new 6.4 will be able to give the cummins some competion. Alot of people I talked with got rid of the power strokes they had and purchased cummins or duramaxes, They said no low end power. Has anyone else had this same problem? the reason I ask is Im getting ready to purchase a Truck and after talking to these guys Im leaning toward the cummins now. Thanks again for the information and help!

LETHAL-6 said:
Thanks for the information and the web site for the 6.4. I didn"t think that the contracts would be up anytime soon. Do you think that this new 6.4 will be able to give the cummins some competion. Alot of people I talked with got rid of the power strokes they had and purchased cummins or duramaxes, They said no low end power. Has anyone else had this same problem? the reason I ask is Im getting ready to purchase a Truck and after talking to these guys Im leaning toward the cummins now. Thanks again for the information and help!
your welcome for the link. I do not know for a fact how the 6.4 will perform, but Ford wants there good standing back with the public. the cummins is a great motor but from people that have owned one say the rest of the truck falls apart. I HOPE Ford is doing extensive testing on the 6.4, because they did not with the 6.0. my 6.0 that I traded for the GMC did just fine pulling the weight. I would gross 20,500 #'s & pull it through the mtn's of NC with no problem. my problems with mine were ECM related & intercooler hoses blowing off. so to answer your question about low end grunt, I say no problems. now the 03 & earlier 7.3 was a proven diesel yes it has less hp & trq than the new ones but you look on the highways & you see more Fords doing hot shot hauling than ANY brand truck out there. if you are thinking about a new one in the real near future I would stay away from Ford until the 6.4 has about 1-2 years under there belt. GM is changing there body style for next year & is adding a solid front axle, so I would stay away from that until it has proven it's self. these are just my opinions. but anything new needs to be tested on someone else besides us folks that do not have the $ to trade a truck that is only 1 year old.

As TurboIndian said I have not had a problem pulling a load and mine is 100% stock. My 7.3 had a little more grunt in the first 10 to 20 feet but then it is all over. The new Dodge 600 in stock form my friend has can not keep up with me going up black Mt. pulling our boats, and my boat is much bigger than his and I have a crew cab and he has the extended cab. But when mods are added it will be a different story and I will be seeing the prop on his Honda 4-stroke. The cummings is just eaiser to mod but you still have a Dodge truck to put up with. I have heard that the Dodge truck is getting better though. The reason I went with the Ford is the solid front axle (D60),the room of the crew cab, and the Ford just looks better to me. I have had 25 Ford companey trucks over the years and all with 100,000 miles+ and never put one into the shop for a problem. I am glad I don't have to buy a new truck at this time with all the changes that are going on.

Good luck,
Jim

Back