Attn Techs: Need some info with coolant line pressure

Black Demon

Brick Maker
I have just finished rebuilding my engine after a problem with the thrust bearing. Looked like a cap misalignment problem that caused the failure. The transmission has about 3K miles on it, and I have a 2800 stall PTS Xtreme and I don't think these are causing me a problem. BUT......I will be hooking up a pressure gauge to the cooler lines tonight when I do the run-in on this engine. What pressure range am I looking for at start up? What would be considered to high a pressure and should pressure drop after warm up? Just want to monitor this thing so I don't have another bearing failure during the break-in.

Thanks for any help!!

Mike

Could someone please elaborate on this. Did a search but come up empty on proper way to install line pressure gauge. Would a TCI gauge suffice? I would like to do a check on mine and know whats an acceptable pressure and what's not. Where does the gauge plum into? The cooler "out" line? Or is there a separate fitting to tap into? If I purchase a TCI gauge kit would I require any other fittings to tap in? TIA