audible detonation indicator

sixster

this is on the car i just bought it beeps when i start the car
& turn it off
i have only driven the car a little & havent heard it

is it just a warning - do people still use these
heres a pic - thanks
dr.jpg

Yes I have one on my car. It's supposed to only beep if the knock detector on the engine picks up something. However yes sometimes my beeps when starting the car.

Do a search. There is a thread somewhere about re-wiring it to not beep when you start the car.

Dont worry....when you do have knock you WILL hear it. Its LOUD.

If you wire its +12 to an ACC port it wont beep as your cranking the car over. Like the radio.. it doesnt work as you crank over the motor.

I like hearing it at start up. Never heard mine for 2 years & wondered if it was working at times. I heard it when the HG Blew!! ;)

I combined mine...

w/the gauge, but I found I didn't need the gauge any more. the audible was sufficient and it makes for one less gauge to look at.:)

I like hearing it at start up. Never heard mine for 2 years & wondered if it was working at times. I heard it when the HG Blew!! ;)

The beep translates to: Take your f**ing foot out of it right now you idiot or you will be bending over your fenders changing the freaking gaskets again!"

Or something llike that.:D

If you wire its +12 to an ACC port it wont beep as your cranking the car over. Like the radio.. it doesnt work as you crank over the motor.

Were trying to teach people to search.:D

Thanks for the input Julio. As always the man with many answers to many questions.:)

You need to wire it to IGN 3 socket in the fuse box only.

IGN 1 socket postions are hot when cranking in the fuse box.

Or you can tie it to a fuse that is only hot in run like the radio, relays fuse etc.

It's a low current device so it doesn't matter much where you add it.

I have mine wired right on the radio circuit and it still beeps when starting the car...it's usually after I let off the key. Sometimes there's a long beep. Other times nothing.

The beep translates to: Take your f**ing foot out of it right now you idiot or you will be bending over your fenders changing the freaking gaskets again!"
.:D

Instant classic........:biggrin::biggrin:

Or something llike that.:D

Your wise beyond your years :cool::eek::biggrin: