You can type here any text you want

audible detonation indicator

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sixster

this is on the car i just bought it beeps when i start the car
& turn it off
i have only driven the car a little & havent heard it

is it just a warning - do people still use these
heres a pic - thanks
dr.jpg

Yes I have one on my car. It's supposed to only beep if the knock detector on the engine picks up something. However yes sometimes my beeps when starting the car.

Do a search. There is a thread somewhere about re-wiring it to not beep when you start the car.

Dont worry....when you do have knock you WILL hear it. Its LOUD.

If you wire its +12 to an ACC port it wont beep as your cranking the car over. Like the radio.. it doesnt work as you crank over the motor.

I like hearing it at start up. Never heard mine for 2 years & wondered if it was working at times. I heard it when the HG Blew!! ;)

I combined mine...

w/the gauge, but I found I didn't need the gauge any more. the audible was sufficient and it makes for one less gauge to look at.:)

I like hearing it at start up. Never heard mine for 2 years & wondered if it was working at times. I heard it when the HG Blew!! ;)

The beep translates to: Take your f**ing foot out of it right now you idiot or you will be bending over your fenders changing the freaking gaskets again!"

Or something llike that.:D

If you wire its +12 to an ACC port it wont beep as your cranking the car over. Like the radio.. it doesnt work as you crank over the motor.

Were trying to teach people to search.:D

Thanks for the input Julio. As always the man with many answers to many questions.:)

You need to wire it to IGN 3 socket in the fuse box only.

IGN 1 socket postions are hot when cranking in the fuse box.

Or you can tie it to a fuse that is only hot in run like the radio, relays fuse etc.

It's a low current device so it doesn't matter much where you add it.

I have mine wired right on the radio circuit and it still beeps when starting the car...it's usually after I let off the key. Sometimes there's a long beep. Other times nothing.

The beep translates to: Take your f**ing foot out of it right now you idiot or you will be bending over your fenders changing the freaking gaskets again!"
.:D

Instant classic........:biggrin::biggrin:

Or something llike that.:D

Your wise beyond your years :cool::eek::biggrin:

Back