You can type here any text you want

auto cross

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello; I have a question for you auto-cross guys. Has anyone experimented with front end bracing? If so could you tell me how you made out.
IBBY

Autocrossing without braces would be a lot like playing with yourself, you won't get much accomplished but it might be kind of fun trying.

Autocrossing without braces would be a lot like playing with yourself, you won't get much accomplished but it might be kind of fun trying.
hello; You sound like you know what you're talking about and there's only a few braces out there to choose from. I kinda was asking if they tried there own thing. I've tried a few but I'd like to see and here if there are any others.
IBBY

Here's another post on various G-Body braces & frame reinforcements.
G-Body Frame Braces & Reinforcements

This should give you an idea of what is possible. Do you have fabrication skills & equipment? If so, then I imagine you could build your own braces that meet or exceed whats available fairly easily. Like a Diamond across the top of the engine bay that ties the firewall to the sides & then to the front.

Good luck
~JM~

Back