You can type here any text you want

Auto Fair in High Point????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kh440

Jo Bu needs a refill!
Was listening to Rich Brenner on 101.1 this afternoon and only caught the tail end of this: Supposedly there was going to be some type of motorsports park in or around High Point, but with so many racing series in financial jeopardy this may not happen. SO, whoever was trying to organize this is allegedly working with none other than Humpy Wheeler to create an event "very similar to the Charlotte AutoFair to happen this spring". Can anybody confirm/deny/otherwise shed light on this?

Lol! Yeah it's me, we're converting Jerry Street to Jerry Strip & charging admission :D I haven't heard anything about that. I'll have to watch Fox WGHP news tonight, I'll post anything if I hear I about. Perhaps the "Let's Talk Cars" High Point event is expanding

Dunno if you'll be any more successful than I was researching this, but from what I could gather from Brenner's comments: there was/is supposed to be a VIR-type complex at least being planned (whether or not these mystery developers even have the land yet I don't know-much less approval to start building!) and Wheeler is supposed to be organizing this event to promote the facility that doesn't appear to exist at this point. I would have thought something like this would have made the news somewhere but have come up empty so far.

I have seen/heard/ found out nothing on it thus far. No clue what could be in the works.

I think Bruton will be sorry he did dumpy on HumpY. It's not like he paid him an excessive $ amount for all that he did. Is Bruton's son officially moving in??--too bad!

I think Bruton will be sorry he did dumpy on HumpY. It's not like he paid him an excessive $ amount for all that he did. Is Bruton's son officially moving in??--too bad!

That's another reason why I tend to give this story some credibility-Humpy and Bruton didn't exactly part on friendly terms for whatever reasons, not the least of which there were rumours that he (Wheeler) was being pushed out to make room for junior Smith.

Back