AutoMeter Boost Gauge ???

ALBERTAN

Resident Window Licker
I recently picked up an AutoMeter 3304 boost gauge. Its 0-35 PSI with no vacuum reading. I know the vacuum is important for tuning...I was just going to mount one elsewhere. I liked this gauge because its a full sweep and much easier to read than the 3303 that reads 30 psi boost and 30 InHg vacuum. Anyways, a friend just told me that the 3304 boost only gauge is designed for diesel applications where there is no vacuum involved. He suggested that driving the needle into the stop all the time in vacuum will ruin the gauge in fairly short order. Does anyone run a boost only gauge and what has been your experience with it? Thanks.

Go with what you have. The combo gauge is almost useless as it is so hard to read. Have used the VDO 0-30psi ones for 15 or so years and no problems.

Hey Nick. :) Thanks for the info. I know there are guys on the board running it. Its sooooo much easier to read than the 30/30. I have 20/20 vision and I gotta lean forward and look hard at the 30/30 gauge to read it.