You can type here any text you want

Avg cost on building a stage ll

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ssleeper94

will it run?
I'm in the process of deciding what route to go with my buick. About how much did it cost you guys to build a stage ll. I'm lookin for mid 9's. I know you can push a 3.8 to do that but i want to go the stage ll route.

More than you supect, and WAY more than you want to spend.
Somewhere between $8000-$15000! To do it right, it is not a cheap
proposition. Good luck.

Brandon

Originally posted by ssleeper94
I'm in the process of deciding what route to go with my buick. About how much did it cost you guys to build a stage ll. I'm lookin for mid 9's. I know you can push a 3.8 to do that but i want to go the stage ll route.

AND!! don't forget to add in the chassis work, the tranny, the roll bar, the rear axle mods, the fuel system, the engine mgmt system, yadda, yadda, yadda... The list goes on.
About 40K in mine.....:eek: :eek:

Basic rules of thumb:(
(1) If you have to ask its to much
(2) Always twice what you thought
(3) It never stop costing more
So around the $15,000 range for the complete motor without any chassis work ect ect ect ect:rolleyes:

Originally posted by geno
Basic rules of thumb:(
(1) If you have to ask its to much
(2) Always twice what you thought
(3) It never stop costing more
So around the $15,000 range for the complete motor without any chassis work ect ect ect ect:rolleyes:

Also, must possess the ability to fool yourself that you have not spent too much.

Probably why many not posted prices, they probably forgot.

12k in complete motor minus turbo.

Choose your engine builder wisely. Take that from personal experience.

How much?

Around 15.000, and like it was said earlier another 15.000 to 25.000 in the car:eek: :eek:

Good luck for $15K. After you mull over the budget to include the chassis work, etc. - double it:rolleyes: . That is because you won't be satified going in the 9's. Speed is proportional to $$$$$$$$$. You never go fast enough. Have fun.

opeltwinturbo,

I think you and i have met at nationaltrails last summer,.....John right. We have a mutual friend in Bob. Look forward to seeing the the "New" race car. The Opel is real treat. My GN's in the shop under the knife as we speak playing catch up to your 11 sec GN.

Who wants to add all that up. The total would scare me and I would to admit that maybe I aint the smartest turnip to ever fall off the truck. I love these cars but I don"t want know how much I love them. LOTSSSSSSS BUCKS

REG

I have a friend with a on center stage 2 with stage 2 heads, that he has dumped a ton of money into(15-17k), then decided he wants just a cruiser. I would hate to see to price tag if he had finished the whole car.

Back