You can type here any text you want

Back to what this board is for??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Back to what this board is for??

• Hell yea!!!

Votes: 53 82.8%
  • No

Votes: 11 17.2%

• Total voters
Thread hijackers, go vote! :D If you already have..good. Nice discussion too, hopefully something will come of it.

Even though I said I would not post anything else about this I feel this is important. Bruce called me today to express his ideas and to hear mine. I told him bluntly how I feel about the "heavy handed" approach that I don't like. He told me bluntly about why he thought is was needed and informed me of some other things going on that did add a different perspective to things and allowed me to see some things in a different light. I will say that all in all it was a very positive conversation on both sides.
Bruce, thanks for the call and the explaination of your position.
Mike Licht

Well, I hope it all works itself out. It would be nice to get "back to what this board is for" as this post was created to discuss.

Thanks Mike

Thank you for the time and concern to converse. Yes , I feel it was of a positive nature and was well worth the time. Thanks for listening and your input. :)

Bruce
WE4

IMO

Originally posted by Nick Micale
The tech information here for turbo Buicks is best available anywhere. Some of the best tech people available are board members and moderators. In all the tech areas there is great TECH info like there should be, and the Lounge is where other "stuff" is posted. Seems like a "solid" arrangement to me? And of course the Lounge is where debates, and such, should take place.

Yeah, I always thought that is how it is supposed to work; SO WHAT PROBLEM?!?!?!is the OP talking about???

>>>>BTW, I am not yelling/bitchin' at you guys - seeme to be lots of agreement here based on the OP<<<<

Originally posted by Mike Licht
No question about the tech section, it is the best. The lounge is the the way it always was what is th point here?

And that is what the Buick part of the board is all about. The "other content" is what the Turbo Lounge is all about. Sounds like the system is working fine to me.

I have been a poster here for ever - A few weeks after I first got on line using Steve6332, my old email - I was so new to the internet I though my name had to be my address. THANK YOU ALL! for a great board!!!!!

I remember MikeL, and Pat, and TMike. TMike never went off about Jesus in the tech section, and if it bothered anyone, just like your TV, turn the damn channel ie stay out of the lounge. If my TR experience is like others, the information on this board can help prevent lots of trouble, even the info in the lounge. Even the vendor bashing. In the long run, if the OP is BS, the members will speak and we seem to eventually get to the bottom of the trouble be it either the OP'er or the vendor. I know I wish I had internet a year earlier (if the board was even around then?) I would have made some different choices and I'm sure I would have been much happier largely due to lounge like comments - I phrased it like that because the lounge was not even in existence back then.

It seems to me that there is more chatter about the problems on the board then there are problem posts. I have been suckered into a flap about board politics. I am sorry that my response kept the flap at the top of the page, like now, but if I defended the Site, it is because it is a fine site with the least troubles of any other message board (the other Buick boards excluded) I have seen. And I am not talking about just maintaining a PG rating; I couldn't care less if it were XXX rated except to the extent that boards that permit everything seem to attract trolls.

The Buick boards are the only board where I would even list my location, or even my address, and name. The reason is that the good people here can be trusted. Of course in a group of about 11,000, there is gonna be a few, but to focus on the exception is just argumentative and seemingly pessimistic.

Remember, if all you want to see and here is cars, and there is certainly nothing wrong with that, there are 41 other sections.

Seems to me that while we have grown, we are doing just fine especially when it comes to Buick tech - what the board is for, past, present, and future.
[/self appointed moderator of direction] :)

Peace,

Originally posted by Mike Licht
.......I will say that all in all it was a very positive conversation on both sides.
Bruce, thanks for the call and the explaination of your position.
Mike Licht

Originally posted by WE4
Thank you for the time and concern to converse. Yes , I feel it was of a positive nature and was well worth the time. Thanks for listening and your input. :)

Bruce
WE4

Two very encouraging posts! I hope when the time comes for the rest of us to hear what's going on, we all feel as positive and satisfied. :) :)

Then we can all have a group hug and hopefully get back to the good ol' days. ;)

Back