You can type here any text you want

Backfiring at start....help!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Captain Mark

My car is sputtering and backfiring upon start. Service engine soon light is on. Idling very rough. Acts like it isn't getting sufficient fuel to motor. Only thing I did different today was wash part of the engine bay. I just got off the power tour and the thing is filthy. I tried to be very careful with the spray, but who knows? Could that be the problem? Leave it alone until tomorrow and try again? No scanmaster yet, so I can't diagnose.

Code 41, cam sensor.
I have ordered a cam sensor. I could get an off brand, but I told them to order an AC/Delco. I figure that would be the best one for it. It had to get ordered frpm Michigan. Be here Tuesday. It won't even start now.:( Hopefully, this is all that is wrong. Anything special I need to know about this?

Yeah, glad it didn't happen on the power tour in........Lake Charles, or somewhere like that......That would have been a bummer for sure.:eek:

Hey, speaking of Power tour, I heard it will be passing through the great state of Colorado next year, we'll have to get together. I had the only TTA this year.

Back