You can type here any text you want

backspacing question, need help asap

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

shocker998md

alright guya I know this has been beat to death. But I came up on a smoking deal on a pair of welds. They are 15x8 with 4 inch backspacing. Will they fit with a 275 60 15 MT drag radial on the back of a stock suspensioned car? The only thing I have done in the back is a set of new replacement springs, and I currently do not have air bags. The price is right, so I need to know quick will they work? Thanks guys.

Im searching right now but hopefully somone can answer it for me.

well the guy re measured the bs before I drive up, just so I didnt make a trip for nothing and they measured out to 3.5 inches of backspacing. Would they still work? Need an answer fast, im waiting to call him back.

well i searched a bit, and found a few threads where people have the 275 60 15 on a 15x8 drag lite with 3.5 bs

Im going to pic these suckers up tonight, Ill keep checking here though in case I messed up and read those threads wrong.

They will work, but be tight on the outside...you might have to roll the lips and/or use air bags.

They will work, but be tight on the outside...you might have to roll the lips and/or use air bags.

X2...I had some 15"x8"s with a rear spacing of 3.5" for a long time and they did fit right. Unless your car's rear springs have sagged a lot, you should be ok. But if the tires rub on the outer lip, you have two solutions:

1° raise the rear of the car (air bags, replace springs, or add coil spring spacers)

or

2° trim the wheel lips

Claude. :wink:

Back