You can type here any text you want

Backyard Frame Braces

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

fyrlt67

After scouring the junkyard for front frame braces for my Regal and wanting the dreaded T-Top rattle to go away I figured I couldn't make things worse. So I went to Home depot and bought a piece of 1/2 electrical conduit for the rear (behind the seat) braces, a piece of 1 inch for the front braces and the bolts nuts and washers. Total $17.86. I grabbed the neighbor and his pipe bender smashed the ends flat with a hand sledge rounded off the ends with a bench grinder shot them all with some flat black paint I had in the garage. Total investment $17.86, 3 hours of time and a 6 pack of festive adult beverage the end results PRICELESS! Not only is the T-top rattle pretty much gone but the car drives great I use to have a shake on braking before that I thought was tires, thats gone too.

Braces

I used braces out of a 78-85 full size Cadillac. The ones in the engine bay,
fit great.

thanks for the help, I need the kids around to show me how to do half the computer stuff...oh well

Back