Bad Gas ???

S10xGN

RETIRED!
OK, how do I tell if my gas is trashed? I pumped out a quart or so and it's yellow! In a 20 gallon tank, this was about 4 gals of Chevron 92 that was 8 months old (and it ran well on that gas), topped with a pint of STP injector cleaner and 10 gals of *supposedly* fresh Chevron 92 straight from the pump 3 weeks ago. Now I cannot get my engine to fire - it has injector pulses and spark, but no "pop" - motor just cranks and cranks.

I spilled a cup or so on the ground, lit it off, and it burned black and smokey like kerosene. Any idea where I can dump 15 gallons of gasoline? I only have a 10 gallon container to transport it in...

Hopeful now,

With the problems you have been having it floors me you haven't put it in the bed and flicked a cigarette in there :D

You have acomplished so much and you are so close. I think you have done a great job and have over come quite a lot.

As for the 'gas' just pore in the Rio Grande and wait till after midnight to light it off.:eek:

Originally posted by Intercooler
With the problems you have been having it floors me you haven't put it in the bed and flicked a cigarette in there :D

YEEHAAWW! I'm there, brother! Well, not quite, but 99% there, just this one more thing to try :eek: then it's Cheech & Chong's "Up in Smoke" dude!

Russ,

Why don't you call me on $hit like this? I use old gas and old oil as weed killer here on the ranch. I also have a clean 5 gallon gas can that can be used...to make several trips. Not a problem. When is your next day off?

Erik

Open the lids on your gas cans and sit them in the sun. It'll evaporate in a day or two. I've had to do that before. Use a no smoking area BTW. Be safe.

Well, it wasn't bad gas :mad: :mad: :mad: after all. I'm plumb out of ideas (and my mind).

So, I'll be taking a few weeks off to "decompress" over this piece of SH!T, no running junk that was once a beautiful, fine running turbo V6 motor...