Bad Idle slight hesitation

Forget what I said about the idle and loping lol drove a little more and nothing has changed, definately not anything vacuum related

mcasteel, no cold air I'm running a filter in the engine bay

Do you know if it's suppose to die when I unplug the cam sensor?

Slick I just went back and read from begining...I had same probs with my 4 inch, I seen teacher mention the 4inch maf but didnt make the connection with your issue, but i did respond to his post about my probs with the maf pipe.

Run a cold air..big mouth kit... i know tossing parts is not the best answer sometimes but man what a difference it made for me, the big mouth was just what that 4inch pipe needed, I was running a screen in front of the sensor to help even out the air flow to it but ive pulled it out now cause it runs so much better.

so get the cold air and fiddle with your translators 3 options for the 4 inch

Slick I just went back and read from begining...I had same probs with my 4 inch, I seen teacher mention the 4inch maf but didnt make the connection with your issue, but i did respond to his post about my probs with the maf pipe.

Run a cold air..big mouth kit... i know tossing parts is not the best answer sometimes but man what a difference it made for me, the big mouth was just what that 4inch pipe needed, I was running a screen in front of the sensor to help even out the air flow to it but ive pulled it out now cause it runs so much better.

so get the cold air and fiddle with your translators 3 options for the 4 inch

Would it only do this when warm though? I would give it a try but I would like to make sure that the cam sensor is suppose to do that before I throw more money at this thing.

If running it should not die when you unplug the cam sensor it should be quite driveable.

That's what I thought! Maybe we're getting some where now. I will mess with the cam sensor when I get a chance, I know there is the setting procedure on GNTTYPE I will try that to make sure it's set right. Is there any more "quick" checks for the cam sensor, I believe I've read about just moving it like an 1/8th inch either way to see if it improves, how exactly do I do this? Is there anything under the cap I should check for/clean?

If running it should not die when you unplug the cam sensor it should be quite driveable.

I think maybe I'm diagnosing this wrong, I understand that if you unplug it and it gets better obviously the problem is with the cam sensor. However if you unplug it and the car dies wouldnt that mean that the problem is with something else. Am I thinking about this the wrong way?

When my cam sensor was the issue, when I unplugged it, my car ran much better. I'm not sure what it means if it dies?

Quick update.

It's not the ignition module, I swapped a new one on and it still did the same thing. I also tried a stock maf and that didnt help either. I'm trying a new cam sensor cap next.

TPS .42
IAC settles to around 20

I noticed you replied with these answers to idle tps and IAC in gear engine running. The numbers you stated are generaly key off for tps and warm idle in park for IAC. Not saying they are wrong but they are not what I see. Mine is usually .46 at idle tps and .42 key on. And for IAC I believe in gear and warm I remember seeing 70. The Gen II is a little touchy to dial in or atleast it has been for me. Probably just the learning curve. I do notice with mine if in the low tune pages the more fuel you add for example 10% at 400RPM and 10% at 800RPM it has a tendancy to idle rougher and has a slight tip in condition. I tried this trying to trace a low blm at idle issue but the car didn't like it over 7% idle in gear and tip in wise. Just something to compare against. Hope you find the issue sorry I could'nt be more help I am learning too.

If you are new to the Gen II and the problem has existed since you have had it installed could be related to a parameter within that system. If not then disregard.

Almost forgot to update this thread....It was the Cam Sensor Cap guys, swapped on a new caspers and it it MUCH better now.