Bad news today, need quick advice

Are you saying it doesn't have the correct transmission?

Also, while the motor is out, you might consider a 10" convertor(lock-up.) It will really wake the car up, and work better with the '51, or what ever Turbo you decide to go with in the future.

The power is in the heads. Better flow = more power.

Originally posted by WarpSpeed
Are you saying it doesn't have the correct transmission?

Also, while the motor is out, you might consider a 10" convertor(lock-up.) It will really wake the car up, and work better with the '51, or what ever Turbo you decide to go with in the future.

The power is in the heads. Better flow = more power.

Which 10" you speaking of? Just talked to someone at PTE yesterday and they said the converter they would recommend for the PT51 is the one I have in there now.

As the first part of my sig says I put in a rebuild tranny.

David

Welp, the convertor is rotating weight, right? The 10" is a good bit lighter than a 12". I had a 2800 stall 12", similiar to a red stripe I believe, with a te-60(only slightly larger than a '51), and it wasn't enough, not bad, but not enough. The 10" really made a difference, IMO. Currently I run a 10"LU 3100 stall Art Carr unit (there's several brands) with a PTE 52, and a 204-214 cam. It's very effective and streetable.
I'm not saying the red stripe won't work ok, but if you could try both I think you'd go with the smaller one. I also think these cars should have come from the factory with 10" convertors. :D