Bad news today.

Sorry to hear about your fathers misfortune. Im sure he'll find something to do in the meantime. Hell, 7-eleven pays $10+/hr for cashiers with benefits. What exactly does your father do?? From what I read he manages some department?? Sorry if you had already mentioned that and I failed to notice it..
:cool:

President Bush is in favor of outsourcing. Corporate USA doesn't give a $hit about anybody who has been loyal and worked hard for them. I feel for your dad. We could all one day get screwed over just as he did.

Joe,

Our thoughts and prayers are with your Dad and Mom, especially over the Holidays.

Dear Mr. Thread Hijacker Blown Hatch--

What the HE*LL does this have to do with Bush? Bush is not "in favor of outsourcing" any more than YOU ARE. In fact, it was Mr. Clinton who signed NAFTA into law in 1993 and we've been suffering ever since. In just the first three years alone U.S. imports from Mexico exploded more than twice as fast as exports-- so fast that we went from a $1.7 billion trade surplus before NAFTA, to a $17.5 billion deficit with Mexico back in 1996. That's more than a ONE THOUSAND PERCENT INCREASE under Bill's watch.

Fact: Bush's jump start of the economy through tax cuts for ALL (that's right, not just the wealthy) helped grow small U.S. business, increase hiring, lower tax burdens, and increase spending enough to help reduce that Mexican trade deficit back to $4.8 billion which is about where it stands today. Agreed, not enough to undo the spiraling damage from the mid 1990's through the last BJ, but at least it's a start.

Fact: When our imports grow faster than our exports, it drains demand and therefore jobs out of our economy.

And don't hand me the lie that "Oh, the undocumented workers just do the jobs U.S. citizens DON'T WANT TO DO" Ms. Pelosi!

That liberal pabulum is a lie-- just ask Joe's Dad.

I'll bet he is well-qualified and was enthusiastic about doing the job he no longer has which may have gone to an individual of semi-legal status to indirectly support (financially or otherwise) illegals right here in our country. Though I don't know this to be true of the specific individual hired to take Joe's Dad's position, I am certain of one thing: The bi-lingual abilities and cheaper labor costs were too good for the Corporate bean-counters to pass up. That type of shortsightedness is just terrible; all it gives us is short-term bottom line gains but mortgages our loyal workers and our Nation's sovereignty in the process.

Crossing Deluxe Checks off my list the next time I order.

Had to get that out before I had a stroke reading the uninformed, unsubstantiated, typical playbook cheap shot sound bite above.

DP

Joe,

Our thoughts and prayers are with your Dad and Mom, especially over the Holidays.

Dear Mr. Thread Hijacker Blown Hatch--

What the HE*LL does this have to do with Bush? Bush is not "in favor of outsourcing" any more than YOU ARE. In fact, it was Mr. Clinton who signed NAFTA into law in 1993 and we've been suffering ever since. In just the first three years alone U.S. imports from Mexico exploded more than twice as fast as exports-- so fast that we went from a $1.7 billion trade surplus before NAFTA, to a $17.5 billion deficit with Mexico back in 1996.

Fact: Bush's jump start of the economy through tax cuts for ALL (that's right, not just the wealthy) helped reduce that back to $4.8 billion which is where the trade deficit stands today. Agreed, not enough to undo the spiraling damage from the mid 1990's through the last BJ, but at least it's a start.

Fact: When our imports grow faster than our exports, it drains demand and therefore jobs out of our economy.

And don't hand me the lie that "Oh, the undocumented workers just do the jobs U.S. citizens DON'T WANT TO DO" Ms. Pelosi!

That liberal pabulum is a lie-- just ask Joe's Dad.

I'll bet he is well-qualified and was enthusiastic about doing the job he no longer has which may have gone to an individual of semi-legal status to indirectly support (financially or otherwise) illegals right here in our country. Though I don't know this to be true of the person hired to take Joe's Dad's position, I am certain of one thing: The bi-lingual abilities and cheaper labor costs were too good for the Corporate bean-counters to pass up. That type of shortsightedness is just terrible; all it gives us is short-term bottom line gains but mortgages our loyal workers and our Nation's sovereignty in the process.

Crossing Deluxe Checks off my list the next time I order.

Had to get that out before I had a stroke reading the uninformed, unsubstantiated, typical playbook cheap shot sound bite above.

DP

Nobody hijacked the thread a--hole. I am sympathetic towards the original poster and Cruzn357. They both got screwed over. I am not going to get into a pissing match with you. Now go back to watching your NASCAR racing.

Joe,
Sorry to here about the bad news. I just went through this myself about 5 months ago. It's not good for anyone ego's, but that's life. Thrust me he will make it through this. You two are strong people with good hearts. With his experence he will land another job. He could even go do contract work and make allot more money.

Good Luck

Thanks

I would like to say thanks for all your support, especially from those of you who have walked in my shoes. You are an encouragement to me that when times get tough the tough get going.
Thanks, Joe

Papa Joe, whens a good time for my pops to call you or for you to call him? He went through all that crap a few years ago with SPRINT. 27 yrs of hard work, 7 minutes to tell him to leave. He probably has some direction for you in terms of collecting unemployment and benefits, and getting whatever paid vacation you had left, etc etc. Papa George is pretty sharp in that department. Ill call him today sir...........

Joe(z), I'm really sorry to hear about the job deal. Truth of the matter is, they are probably replacing a lot of their more senior staff with younger, less qualified, and (perhaps) questionably legal residents......

I know an employment attorney who specializes in these matters if you decide you want someone specialized for your inquiry.

Last dime I ever spend on Deluxe checks, that's for damn sure!

Also, if you decide you need to downsize your vehicles, I'll be happy to hook you up with something (I'm a dealer I can buy anything at wholesale) and pass along the savings to you.

I might also be able to put you in touch with potential GN buyers should you be forced to sell your toy, but we will think positive and hope it doesn't come close to that.

All the best,
Doug Hauser

Good people are hard to find!

I hear that time and time again. Joe, you may have to do some "outside" the box "thinking, looking, searching" for a new job, but resposible, hard working people do not come across everyday for an employer. If you have never done a resume, MAKE ONE! Does not matter what type of job, if you are applying with several others you may stand out because you have a good resume. There are companies out there that for 100 bucks or so they will write your resume for you. Not just type it up and check the spelling, but really express what you can do for the company and why they should hire you, that sort of thing. They will tailor it to the job you are applying for. Could be the best 100 bucks ever spent.

Hope all this helps Joe.

I think that if his boss made remarks in regards to age, etc before he laid him off, I think your father has some recourse. He needs to hire an attorney.

Corporate USA doesn't give a $hit about anybody who has been loyal and worked hard for them

Yeah it sux but thats the way it is. Nowadays a guy needs to either get promoted or switch companys at least every 2 years. A guy in the corporate world can't just sit at the same company and wait to move up anymore. You have to move around if nessecary and constantly be advancing.

I know it doesn't make alot of sense but thats the way it is.