You can type here any text you want

Bad valve springs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

72firebird

Well I tried searching but it doesn't look like the search is working. I've been having a problem with my car making it up into the RPMs under boost. Under WOT it gets to about 14psi and about 3,500 rpm and then it pops and pretty much dies and falls on its face. It smokes alot but there is no knock and is running a little rich (O2s around 810mv). I was wondering if it might be my valve springs. The BLMs at idle are 145 and WOT is 128. I plan on taking the valve covers off this week but would like to know if it's possible to be my problem.

If sounds liek it is valve springs what should I go with the 100lbs or the 110lbs LS1 springs? Also what cam would be good to go with for my combination? Anything else I should do while I'm doing valvetrain work (pushrods, lifters, rocker shaft)?

TT/Ameasap said:
What's your spark plug gap? should be a tight .032 R42LTS AC delco

Yeah I even just installed brand new NGK TR5s at .032 with no difference. The AC Delcos I had in it before were at .035 but it ran fine for quite a while.

Swap coil packs and see if that helps.Check for broken springs.... While you have the covers off, check the rockers for even movement.

I still have the stock coil pack. Whenever I went to get one before it looked like I was going to have to upgrade to the new style. Where can I get the bracket and a good coil for a good price?

You can still buy a new coil pack and module from AC Delco dealer just like the one it came with. Bought them about 2 weeks ago.

Back