You can type here any text you want

Badass TT V6 2WD Typhoon testing with E85.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
wow a 575 idel and no death, cool!

sweet runs too

Yep this was just a shakedown with only 11-12lbs of boost, but I'd venture to say when he gets it sorted out and turns the boost up it should run easy low 9's.

Few motor pics~

Attachments

• TT%20TY%20MOTOR%20INSTALL%204.jpg
    TT%20TY%20MOTOR%20INSTALL%204.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 241
  • TT%20Ty%20motor%20install%205.jpg
    TT%20Ty%20motor%20install%205.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 233
Although a member here for years, I have not been on the board recently. Since someone posted a video of my new Twin Turbo Ty project, I thought I would explain it's progress. I started this project about 4 years ago and built a ground up 2wd tube frame chassis with a Typhoon body.

It's has a Chris Alston chassis setup with a stroker V6 (4.3 Bowtie Block). The motor is a built 9:1 CR, 305ci with 18* Bowtie heads and a solid roller LSM cam. The turbos are PTE 62-65s and fuel is managed via FXI. The truck weighs 3,150# (race ready) and has a leather interior complete with a full dash, carpet etc. This was bult as a street car setup.

The recent runs shown in the video were the first runs made on an e-85 tune at 11 lbs boost. We drove around the water box and only foot braked off the line. We were looking for complete full pass runs for data.

We are going to be testing it in the 18-20# range in the next several weeks as well as setting up the suspension. Time to hit the water box!

BTW. Not to be alarmed that I may have dismembered my original Typhoon. The video (and Typhoon) in my signature below is my AWD Typhoon that I have owned since 1993. It was the inspiration for building the TT Ty project (which was started from buying a shell only of a parted out Typhoon).

John

Although a member here for years, I have not been on the board recently. Since someone posted a video of my new Twin Turbo Ty project, I thought I would explain it's progress. I started this project about 4 years ago and built a ground up 2wd tube frame chassis with a Typhoon body.

It's has a Chris Alston chassis setup with a stroker V6 (4.3 Bowtie Block). The motor is a built 9:1 CR, 305ci with 18* Bowtie heads and a solid roller LSM cam. The turbos are PTE 62-65s and fuel is managed via FXI. The truck weighs 3,150# (race ready) and has a leather interior complete with a full dash, carpet etc. This was bult as a street car setup.

The recent runs shown in the video were the first runs made on an e-85 tune at 11 lbs boost. We drove around the water box and only foot braked off the line. We were looking for complete full pass runs for data.

We are going to be testing it in the 18-20# range in the next several weeks as well as setting up the suspension. Time to hit the water box!

BTW. Not to be alarmed that I may have dismembered my original Typhoon. The video (and Typhoon) in my signature below is my AWD Typhoon that I have owned since 1993. It was the inspiration for building the TT Ty project (which was started from buying a shell only of a parted out Typhoon).

John

John,

Thanks for taking the time to share some details of your badass Ty with us!:cool:

Back