Baer 12" brakes

Roger

I've got approximately 50 street miles some light traffic & some medium traffic on my 12" Baer conversion with TType wheels. The brakes are finally starting to seat & now they are very noticeable. Expensive, but they work.

Have about 100 on mine.

They do work great but should for the $$$.

Rears go on in the spring and look to be a major project (for me ayway) unfortunately.

Great peace of mind for a daily driven car for sure. :cool:

salvageV6

I'm interested in rear disks - whenever I can recover from the 12" front& my wife let's me out of the doghouse.

What setup are you going to use? Baer no longer lists the rears for the TR on their website.

Thanks

I just got mine from Jack Cotton a couple of weeks ago.

Brand new in the box. Were on order from July/Aug.

Looks like a pain to put on too, what else is new. ;)

Lotsa parts and you relocate the lower shock mount, new cabling for emerg. brakes, pull the axles etc. 8 hour job I would say.

If the weather stays nice I may have my mechanic toss them on in early Dec.

Around $925.

I'm unable to spring for $925 at this time.
8 hours job will probably take me 16 hours. my teenager took my new jack & still hasn't returned it (took me 3.5 hours just to get the TR on jackstands - borrowed a jack from another TR owner). Had the 12" brakes on in another 4 hours & the TR on the pavement.

:D :D :D
Update on the 12" Baer front brakes

I've got almost 200 miles on them now & I've NEVER before had a better brake pedal. The pedal is about 1" higher now & feels way more solid.

Did you do the vaccuum conversion? I'm currently tearing my car down to do the vaccuum / Baer swap...

I didn't and also have good braking at 250 miles or so on them.

Have to take a couple of parts out of the proportioning valve when installing the rear Baer system.

Didn't get to that job yet.

What is the biggest set that someone put on a set of GNX rims?(16 inch) How about on a set of 15 inch weld 5 star.I'm just trying to see if they still fit on the skinnies when the car is at the track.
Thanks
Mike

Mike while you are waiting for an answer one thing you can do is go to the Baer website.

Find the printable files for the 12" and 13" templates for the size patterns.

Print them up and attach them to thick stock and cut them out.

Then you can use a wheel off the car and try to fit the templates inside them.

If you have clearance you are good to go.

Make sure you print the patterns as the file is on the computer, don't have the printer settings resize or fit the template to a page. ;)

The 12" Baer brakes work with no modifications on 84 & 85 GN aluminum wheels. 86 & 87 TR aluminum wheels require a 1/4" spacer.