You can type here any text you want

baffled tank or not?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

hiballin

Bettie is the boss
fellas... i've looked at the faqs, did a search, and did not see anything on this. do tta's have baffled gas tanks or not? :confused: i know it was a selling point in the brochure, but i've never been able to confirm it.

i've had the tank out of my 9c1 caprice and even it had a baffle around the fuel pump. so did tta's have more baffles throughout the tank or just around the pump? i'd like first hand info from folks who have dropped thier tanks to put in fuel pumps, etc.

thanks!

Yeah, mine had alot of baffles. But I dont know specifically what is different from a standard tank.

baffles were the same as any other standfard baffle tank. According to GM the key factor was the swinging pickup.......

alright, that's the kind of info i'm after. :) so was the swinging p/u installed on the tta for sure? i assume this is part of the float/pump/sending unit?

thanks!

Hard to be certain as with anything GM did in the 80's when they ran out of a specific part sometimes a standard part went in it's place. All 1LE optioned cars came with the swinging pickups(1LE & B4C Camaros and the TTA).

HTH!

trading t/a said:
Hard to be certain as with anything GM did in the 80's when they ran out of a specific part sometimes a standard part went in it's place. All 1LE optioned cars came with the swinging pickups(1LE & B4C Camaros and the TTA).

HTH!

I've done fuel pumps on 4 TTA's.. all original ones.. never seen a "swinging pickup".. actually the FP looked liked the one of a GN.

Tank had the standard plastic baffling..

I believe the swinging pick up is when you don't use the pump support on the bottom of the pick up .. Use a longer hanging hose and it swings in the breeze :rolleyes: :eek:

IIRC the literature associated said it came with the swinging pickup. Baffling as Razor said is standard. Coulda been one of those last minute changes on the line.

The B4C Camaros in 91 were optioned for police use, but supposedly they didn't get the larger brakes until the following year.

Wasn't there a thread here about the TTA spare being aluminum but it turns out they weren't.

trading t/a said:
Wasn't there a thread here about the TTA spare being aluminum but it turns out they weren't.

Put a magnet aginst your TTA spare wheel... I may be painted black and may not look aluminum but it is. Both mine are not steel.

- Dave

wow !! lots of rumors !! wait till the car is another 10 years older ... a few came with dual turbo's to compete with the dual turbo GNX's :rolleyes: :p

Back